You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Flood Selection tool with Corona Render ID passes

Hey all,

I'm just trailing Affinity atm, and can't seem to get the flood selection tool (magic wand) to select any of the colours on any of my matte ID render elements...

It'll work on the beauty pass, but not on the ID render elements? 

any help would be greatly appreciated.

@Luke_LC3D Welcome to the forum Luke, any chance of uploading one of the mattes?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

its weird, as i have the source set to current layer and the layer highlighted and turned on... it just get a small cross-hair for a cursor and it wont select anything, nor can i select the channel colours (red/green/blue) with the masking pass either in the channels panel or via select-colour range...

Did you convert it like this?

Or export as a png, click More and change the Pixel format there

Restart Photo and hope for the best

I'm officially out of ideas, hopefully  firstdefence will be back or another expert will pick this up. Good luck

FloodSelect3.png

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

• Staff

@Luke_LC3D I'm guessing you are "placing" the ID pass EXR into the colour pass document (File>Place or drag-dropping)? In this regard, it becomes an embedded document and the Flood Select Tool won't work on it. This is actually unique behaviour to the Windows version—on Mac, it's placed as an Image layer instead (so Flood Select works as expected). Previously, Flood Select wouldn't work on Image layers either (meaning you had to rasterise them to Pixel layers) but this was fixed.

I'll enquire as to which behaviour is correct. In the meantime, there are a couple of ways to solve this:

• Right click your ID pass layer and choose Rasterise to convert it to a pixel layer (you can also use the top menu, Layer>Rasterise).
  • Open your ID pass as a separate document, copy and paste the RGB layer into your colour pass document.

Hope that helps!

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials