You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Kyocera p5026cdw color laserprinter information

Hi all,

Maybe it is strange that I post this subject here, but I like to share some information about the Kyocera p5026cdw color lasterprinter.

The cdw extension means that Wi-fi is an option with this printer. However, I advise strongly against it. It took my two days and still I did not succeed in setting up the Wi-fi. Even with all information correct, it didn't work. Especially when your network strength is weak, the printer will not be recognized.

Connecting it to a wired LAN router, is piece of cake. Also the transmissionspeed is higher than wireless or Wi-fi. Connect the printer to the router with an ethernet cable, run the Setup CD and you are ready to go.

I bought this printer because in the specifications on the website it mentioned "borderless" printing. However, this is not true. There are borders of 4,2 to 4,4 mm around the page. So there is a very small printermargin in which you cannot print.

About the print quality, I did not test it completely but from what I already saw, I am very satisfied about print quality. Text is sharp and crisp and still readable by small point sizes like 7 pt. But like I have said, I did not test it completely. I have to print more different kind of documents before I can say more.

All in all, I find it a good printer in comparision with the price. In case you want to add something, feel free to do so.

Chris