You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Make the button that hides the workspace LOCK on visible/hidden respectively.

When you touch on the square button on the upper right corner to hide the UI, it randomly shows up again depending on where place your hand on the screen. I’m right handed and therefore place my palm on the right lower corner sometimes, and that brings back up the UI. It also even activates other tools sometimes.

I’m thinking the fix is really simple. Just make that show/hide UI button actually LOCK the UI in the visible/hidden mode respectively. No gestural shenanigans. Just... predictable functionality, PLEASE!!!!!

I know this might seem like a non-issue to some but it really breaks you out of your focus to have to fight with the program rather than use it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm struggling with it constantly hiding when I'm trying to touch an icon in the menus.

It's so sensitive. Locking in some way might be a good plan.

Don't know if it's because I'm using an Apple Pencil to select tools, etc, while everyone else uses fingers?

I have a thing about trying hard to use apps as provided so I learn new ways of doing things, so I'm persevering with it.

The hiding UI is not that big a gain on the 12.9" anyway so if I have to switch the feature off, it's no big deal. I'm more bothered about the UI disappearing when I'm selecting tools/menus/studios.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.

I've just learned something.. er, two things.

Tapping the right hand (studio menu) anywhere where there's no icons toggles the last studio panel you chose to view. It looks like intended behaviour to me and strikes me as quite handy. I'm always dropping into the Layers Studio and back out again, and back in again. Being able to touch the menu in this way (with less precision needed) is great.

Also, I think there's "hot corners". If you use a Mac desktop you'll know what those are (no idea if there's the same on Windows). Bottom left and bottom right. If you gesture by dragging left/right off/on the edge of the screen, you hide or reveal the UI. I like it... you may not. It looks intended behaviour to me.

If you're in the habit of resting your hand there and dragging it left and right, you'll be triggering the unhide behaviour. Not sure what to suggest other than being aware you're doing this and perhaps trying not to. I beleive it's left and right.. so up and down and diagonal may not trigger it. Do you scribble a lot with a pixel brush?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.

• 6 months later...

I keep having the hidden UI pop up randomly when I two-finger tap to Undo something. I can't get it to appear in any way if I try, but then I don't know if there's a gesture to hide/unhide the UI. Can't find anything about it in documentation. When I'm two-tapping, I'm in the middle of the screen, nowhere near the edges.

Drives me freakin' nuts!

Wish they would at lead give a keyboard shortcut to hide it again, (like 'H', which is not otherwise used), because trying to hit a small target in the corner with an Apple Pencil takes too much concentration, breaking workflow.

Also now noticed that it appears sometimes when I two-finger rotate, which I do a lot!

Does anyone know if there's a gesture for showing/hiding the UI?