You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Swap colour via stylus or shortcut

UPDATED> I'm confused. I tried again now and it doesn't swap back to previous colour. Might be a driver thing maybe. Since I changed OS nothing seems to work for the Wacom as it should the first 10 attempts. 

///

Hi!

Anyone knows if there's a way that I could swap colours on the colour panel chips via shortcut or stylus button? Having the wacom stylus 2 buttons one is set to pick colour but the moment I go back to brush, the colour I picked swaps again to the one before. I guess there must be a way but I cannot find how to do this effectively. I have attached a video. For the sake of making it more clear instead of using the stylus buttons or keyboard shortcuts I use the bar to select tools. Thanks!

The confusion may be related to the round color swatch previews being 2 full circles, not 1 ring + 1 full circle.

78103013_designerpersona.jpg.7417b06e6ea4b17c09d403ef293a43bd.jpg > 1403053205_pixelpersona.jpg.dc5cc81889f071497bf60921b833854a.jpg

Note at 0:18 min in your video the jumping toggle of this color swatch when you switch from Pipette to Brush Tool.
It confuses me, too, that in Pixel mode I paint with the fill colour while in vector mode the stroke color gets used for a brush stroke.

982594173_appearancepanelforstrokevsfill.jpg.e092a41164e002e940212c8a82704f72.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

The Paint Brush Tool and the Colour Picker Tool (and other tools) independently remember which one of the primary or secondary colour wells they were previously using.

If, as in your video, you are painting with the secondary colour, then activate the picker and activate the secondary colour well before picking. Now the picker will always affect the secondary colour well unless you switch it to the primary well.

Note that the Paint Brush Tool has a built-in picker that is temporarily activated by holding down opt/alt key, and that picker always affects whichever colour well is being used by the brush.

Thanks very much for the detailed replies to both of you. 

I have assigned the Alt/Opt key to the stylus, and it works as I needed. The main thing for me was not to have to refer to the keyboard or click anywhere on the interface to alternate between picker and brush fast, as I have always done in other apps when painting. 

Thanks again, you really helped me to clarify  my confusion, even knowing the Alt option existed I hadn't thought of it :D