You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Do Affinity designer got the color editor yet?

This company promised advanced color features, and I am still waiting to see them in AD, otherwise I would like a refund, I really feel scammed at this point
ezgif-4-d9543c1b4c71.gif.516c24fd96c593607930eea36a06e7c5.gif

I mean, this feature is puret bull s%#%# (It is a raster feature, not a vector feature, the problem with that is that it is placed in VECTOR editor persona and not in pixel persona, I see it as an attempt to lie about the vector features AD has to offer to the customer , sigh...) 

image.png.32eea2c75329e128ebe233e0ae876d82.png

Even more bs....

There is a topic where I talk about it

I am starting to think that AD won´t ever introduce the professional features other (acutal and true) vector softwares offer
And I am also starting to believe that the BS about this software being new in the market is just that, a BS excuse to keep the software low-tier quality vector editor product (I feel like I want to start to puke when I say that AD is a vector software because it is NOT A VECTOR SOFTWARE in the mean it claim to be)

It is actually a raster software with vector features included, just as photoshop do have vector features as well, not for that photoshop is a vector software, neither AD is a vector software, for the same reasons.

The lack of features is evident, I will keep asking regularly the fundamental features this software is missing until AD introduce them or directly tell the community that they will never add them, that would be an actual relief to me
So, if a member of the staff of AD can tell me already that the vector features I am asking for won´t be added to the software, I would appreciate it

The features I am asking for:
(The topic below is one of the many topics I made to request this feature, you can find the full list in the first topic linked in the start of this topic)

And in relation with the topic link above:

Other than that, the software handles the SVG format archive kinda badly, causing some errors when trying to export it to other softwares or even the web browser, more compatability of the SVG format would be appreciated and needed as well

And when I tell about the software not being actually a vector software I mean that the format that handle vectors are not compatible with most of AD features as most of them are "secretly" raster graphic features

So basically I just ask for:

- More compatability with vector graphic formats (Specificly SVG format)
- Curvature tool (That actually interact with nodes and handles properly)
-  Vector color editor (The true feature, not the fake one we have for raster graphics) 
- More clarification when it is or not a raster feature, currently raster and vector features are all mixed up

• Staff

Apologies for the delayed response here LarryH.

We're sorry to hear that you feel designer isn't working the way you expect it too. We can see you've created a few Feature requests for the features you feel need adding. Hopefully our developers will add these in the future.

On 8/13/2020 at 5:19 AM, Larryh said:

So, if a member of the staff of AD can tell me already that the vector features I am asking for won´t be added to the software, I would appreciate it

We don't confirm features here that we haven't publicly announced yet, so this isn't possible, my apologies.

On 8/13/2020 at 5:19 AM, Larryh said:

- More clarification when it is or not a raster feature, currently raster and vector features are all mixed up

Our developers are hoping to improve this in the future, my apologies for any confusion caused.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)