You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

need offset tool how so long for  simple tool, but very important i have to scal5 then come back in designer

it seems as though i cannot complete a project in designer alone need more tool is about time we get some useful tools rather than

a whole lot of update just fix, fix, fix and more fix, it seem all they do is fix ,nothing new and useful the product

seem to be going nowhere fast.

I wouldn't hold your breath, we've been promised an offset tool for around 5 years - zilch, other than an awful stroke expansion thang :-((

I come back and do a forum search every 6 months or so to see if anything has happened (not sure why I bother really) - but sadly, no, the endless subs to Adobe have to keep going.

I know Affinity's version of offset path was shown on one of the Affinity developer's twitter last year - showing a "sneak peek"  - It looked more intuitive than Illustrator's version - you could adjust a setting and it showed immediate results prior to committing. For some reason the feature was not included in version 1.8 and I wondered why that was... perhaps they felt it needed more work? Really hoping it arrives in 1.9