You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exported artboard adds transparent border

I'm getting a strange distortion and border around my graphic when exporting from an artboard. If I go to the export persona and create a slice around the artboard all is well. As you can see in the image (Twitter-Nite-Banner 2.png), the graphics are stretched and a transparent border shows up. margins and bleed for the document are set to zero. What's going on here?

Twitter-Nite-Banner 2.png

This is how it should look

Twitter.jpg

Edited by dcrosby
changed confusing title

OK. Further investigation shows that only 4th artboard, the wide one, exhibits this problem. Don't know why but it was created by duplicating an artboard and resizing it. Strange anomaly? I'll try making a new artboard and pasting the graphics to it.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 9.37.42 AM.png

• Staff
2 hours ago, dcrosby said:

Don't know why but it was created by duplicating an artboard and resizing it. Strange anomaly? I'll try making a new artboard and pasting the graphics to it.

@dcrosby This certainly does sound strange - if moving the objects to a new Artboard doesn't help, please select this artboard on the Layers Panel, Copy it and then use File>New From Clipboard to create a new document using the Artboard & it's contents, then attach a copy of this new document here.

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi Dan. Thanks for replying. Actually, creating a new artboard did fix the problem. It came in at the size I wanted (surprising because I had three different artboard sizes). When I copied and pasted the art I noticed that the background image had some kind of weird distortion on the left and right edges. You can actually see it in the previous image I posted. I used the same image for each background with a color adjustment to modify them, but only that one appears to have that distortion. I'm assuming it has something to do with how I resized the images. Anyhow, I trashed the borked artboard so the evidence has been destroyed.