You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My first project learning to use AD and it won't export correctly. 

See Image #1. (What it's supposed to look like.) Image #2 (export settings) and Image #3 (what it actually looks like). I tried exporting in jpg, png, and psd, but the dice and coins don't show up in the final exports. I used export persona to export slices and got the same result. The dice and coins are not visible in the slices. 

Well, image #1 exported correctly when I broke apart the coin and dice groups, but that did not work on the other pages. If anyone knows how to fix this problem please let me know.

This is a personal project, but I still have a deadline. Looks like I'll have to use some screen shots to produce the final cards since I'm planning to laminate them tomorrow. By the way this is a remake of a game by Calliope Games called 'Roll For It'. 

Follow me on Art Station and check out more of my work. https://b_sean.artstation.com Peaceout!

B.

post-12578-0-81387900-1439718192_thumb.jpg

post-12578-0-40489400-1439718197_thumb.jpg

post-12578-0-66152600-1439718202_thumb.jpg

post-12578-0-76087300-1439718208_thumb.jpg

monXterious,

I don't know the answer to your question without looking at your original file but if you are going to print them off, I would recommend that you try exporting your file as a PDF and see how it comes out. Why would you try to export slices if you are going to print it? Slices are normally used on the web and not for print, just curious. 

Hokusai

• Staff

Hi monXterious,

In version 1.3.2, If you go to the Export Persona, Layers panel and enable/check the Dice group and the Point Marker groups inside the TopCoins and BottomCoins group, it should work/export as expected.

Objects unchecked in the Layers panel in the Export Persona would not export despite not being directly related with objects (and visibility) in the Layers panel in Draw Persona. This bug was already fixed in one of the latest Betas which you can download and install from here and shouldn't give more problems after next Mac App Store update.

If you decide to install the Customer Beta, remember to keep the Mac App Store version installed since its needed to run the Customer Beta.

Great! Thanks guys. I am running the app store version, and now I see that the groups inside the groups had visibility unchecked. Glad to see this has been addressed in the latest release. I'll wait for the app store update. Thx again MEB and Hokusai.

Great. I just updated. I'm so glad you guys changed the zoom tool as well. Now if only AD and AP had this feature:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/12351-brush-pressure-controls-opacity/?p=53574

then I could make AD my main paint program. Opacity on brush pressure allows me to use one brush to quickly and easily make gradients in a painterly style.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys.