You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I select one curve in a Curves object?

I don’t think you can select a single curve in a Curves layer without selecting the nodes of that single curve. (Clicking on a curve section with the Node Tool adds a new node to the curve.) You can use menu “Layer → Geometry → Separate Curves”, edit your single curve, and then use menu “Layer → Geometry → Merge Curves” but that’s not a great workaround.
I would be happy to hear that I was wrong if someone else wants to show us how to do it though.

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

I don’t think you can select a single curve in a Curves layer without selecting the nodes of that single curve. (Clicking on a curve section with the Node Tool adds a new node to the curve.) You can use menu “Layer → Geometry → Separate Curves”, edit your single curve, and then use menu “Layer → Geometry → Merge Curves” but that’s not a great workaround.
I would be happy to hear that I was wrong if someone else wants to show us how to do it though.

Thank you GarryP, that will have to work for now :)

13 hours ago, Jens Schmidt said:

I have a Curves object with multiple curves and want to select them individually, how do I do this?
The Node Tool can only select node by node (or lasso/polygon) and I cant find a curve, segment or connection centered tool anywhere.

Select one node and hit CMD A (Select dropdown > Select All). Works on multiple curves within the curves object too.

• 4 months later...
On 8/11/2020 at 2:55 PM, JimmyJack said:

Select one node and hit CMD A (Select dropdown > Select All). Works on multiple curves within the curves object too.

Brilliant. Was struggling a bit with this today. I'm used to AI direct arrow that visually only indicates the single curve being selected. I can then delete twice to remove the node/segment followed by the remainder of curve. Designer's visual indication of the entire curve group being "active" is…less helpful.