You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can I do this with PUBLISHER? Create Tiled Page

I am creating a website mockup file.

For this I have to do the following - is this possible in Publisher?

1. Create 8 tiles 640 x 640 pixels

2. Fill each tile with a photo and be able to adjust the photo.

I tried with Frames, but they cannot be adjusted to precise pixel dimensions. I was also not able to adjust the photograph inside once the photo was there it was frozen.

Is there a way to do the two steps above? If yes, how? 

Thanks!

I have done it the blunt way by creating guides.

I just wonder if there is a way to do:

1. Select square selection

2. put in 640x640 pixels

3. Copy selection and move it over several times and let them snap to one another

This would feel more elegant.

Frames can be adjusted to precise dimensions (any object can). Simply use the Transform panel.

You could also do that with rectangles, but putting images into Picture Frames offers some advantages.

You can create a grid of objects easily. Create the first one, giving it the size/position you want (using the Transform panel as necessary). Copy the first object (Ctrl+J (Windows) or Cmd+J (Mac)). Move the copy to the new location (manually, or using the Transform panel). Then if you use Ctrl+J or Cmd+J again you'll get a another copy, moved the same as the last copy. That's called "power duplicate".

That will get you one row of objects. Select all of them, Copy, move the copy down. Then power duplicate that row to get a 3rd row.

Etc.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thank you, GarryP for this beautiful video - very instructive!

Thank you Walk!

I had for the short term done it with guides and snapped rectangles to the guides and then applied masks, but the method with picture frames is nicer and quicker.

You’re welcome.
With the Affinity applications there are usually multiple ways to do something so it’s usually informative to ask if anyone has another way to do what you want. Publisher isn’t much more then a year or so old so we are all still learning how to use it best.