You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reverting Back to a previous version of program

How do I revert back to the previous versions of both Photo and Designer?  The latest update has made both programs unusable on my pen graphics display.  Both programs will either freeze up the moment I try to do anything or the pen markings are completely wild.  

10 minutes ago, VarrusKane said:

You can find the links for the old versions here.

Please note that those links are only of use if you have the Affinity Store versions of the Windows apps. For the Mac apps you can use the links below, but as above you need to have the Affinity Store versions. Users of the Microsoft Store and Mac App Store versions cannot use these downloads to revert to older versions.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 1 year later...

I am so glad you said this! I am working in Photo and trying to figure out why my brush tool won't work anymore. Also, a lot of the work I spent hours doing yesterday, is either gone or brush lines turned to dots and dashes! I am going to go back too.

• 6 months later...
18 minutes ago, IoW Mike said:

Doesn't work the installer says I have a newer version and wont install over it

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @IoW Mike. :)

You need to uninstall the newer version first. As noted above, you can only revert to an older version if you purchased the app from the Affinity Store: neither the Microsoft Store nor the Mac App Store provides a mechanism for downgrades (other than reverting your system to an earlier state).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)