You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v184 Hyperlink Panel - item selection

thomaso

Since v184 I have difficulties to select the entries in the Hyperlink Panel. The clicked items seem either not to react, or to offer renaming, or open their properties window. But it's hardly possible to simply select an item only, for instance to use the button "Go to Source". But even if an item got selected successfully it may happen that this button is grayed out and not working then.

At 0:31 min another clip is added. The first shows e.g. the grayed out "Go to" button and items highlighted in two colors, blue and gray, as if both were selected. This two colours don't occur in the 2nd part (different document), it shows the difficulties of selections only.
[ A red spot means LMB, a green RMB – the device is a wired USB mouse ]

I'd appreciate if the panel entries would additionally mention their according document page numbers.

Edited by thomaso
p.s.: Selections of items in the Anchor Panel work charming

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 3 weeks later...

macOS 10.14.6. – Sorry for the delay, thanks for the hint + sorry for not trying a reset before.

Yes, launching APub after renaming its pref folder  ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Publisher  appeared to solve this issue of barely selectable Hyperlink Panel entries.

Hello, I have this same issue, as well as my hyperlinks not updating when new pages are added before pages previously linked.
When you say above to reset the application, can you explain how to do that? I’m not sure how.

I’m using a MacBook Air that’s running the last software, as it updated last night. Thanks. 

6 hours ago, Christyrf said:

When you say above to reset the application, can you explain how to do that?

The official way is to launch APub with the CTRL-key pressed (from a finder window, not the dock) and select from the following dialog window specific aspects to get reset. Maybe @Jon P can tell which selections are relevant in this case to reset the hyperlink panel related features.

My way was to rename the according preference folder to force APub to create a new one by itself with its standards. I used the renamed folder to keep (+ re-move) my custom brushes .propcol files of the subfolder "user".

Unfortunately meanwhile I noticed the issue of un-selectable hyperlink panel entries can come & go, I can't detect a rule yet.

• Staff

Yes, launching APub after renaming its pref folder  ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Publisher 

I don't suppose you still have this renamed folder to send me? I probably should have said but if you can get me the app data whilst you can see the issue it should allow me to reproduce it

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

1 hour ago, Jon P said:

I don't suppose you still have this renamed folder to send me? I probably should have said but if you can get me the app data whilst you can see the issue it should allow me to reproduce it

In the attached zip is the folder from a backup before renaming/replacing it.  Affinity Publisher - old.zip

Meanwhile I doubt the issue is related to any of this pref files (only?) since the issue re-appeared occasionally (~ 3x) after this kind of reset. So far since then I could fix it every time with an app relaunch.

Can you let me know if you detect a file in the prefs which can cause this?