You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

pixelated photo

Morning all. I've been using affinity for a while and all of a sudden when i go to open a RAW image it pops up completely pixelated and unusable. Lightroom and other apps don't have this problem. My ipad is up to date and I've deleted the app and reinstalled it. I'm not sure how fix this. 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @mlefever. :)

Could the app be loading a low-resolution thumbnail instead of the raw image? What make and model of camera do you have?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

@mlefever If you're opening from Apple Photos this is a known issue but doesn't occur with every/all RAW files. If you tap drag the image from Photos to Affinity Photo it will import into the Develop persona correctly. Another option would be to move the file to cloud storage and import directly using Affinity Photo.

1 hour ago, Lee D said:

@mlefever If you're opening from Apple Photos this is a known issue but doesn't occur with every/all RAW files. If you tap drag the image from Photos to Affinity Photo it will import into the Develop persona correctly. Another option would be to move the file to cloud storage and import directly using Affinity Photo.

Thank you! I can finally use this app again! It's been my favorite and I've been really frustrated not being able to use it!