You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Monster Arcade - July's Illustration.

SalfingerAndrew

JPEG_image.thumb.jpeg.c2a525a1a29a489183a16bebcc91c459.jpeg

634357492_ScreenShot2020-08-10at5_54_38pm.thumb.png.13bd3e8d5de1e9c6a2d023da7c623a11.png

Even July is already over (by 10 days at the time of this posting!!!) Check out Julys illustration I continue my year-long need to drawing monsters and merge it with my love of retro games and arcades!!

The illustration was made with Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo on the iPad Pro.

Check out more illustration: https://bit.ly/36d5NtE

Affinity Designer:

I started the project in Affinity Designer (on the iPad) where I sketched out the core idea and layout before moving into a vector where I created the monsters, arcade logo, and background neon objects along with the ghost. After this, I moved over to the iMac + Maya where I worked on creating the 3D arcade assets + textures.

After this, I moved back into Designer where I placed the 3D model arcades, brick wall texture and work on all the other small vector items.

Affinity Photo:

Now it's time to move into Photo, where I drag and drop the file from Designer over to Photo (on the iPad Pro) where I start working on raster effects, such as applying some brush texture effects to the vector monster to give some more levels of effects and style. All brushed used in this project is either the default Affinity ones or one from frankentoon.

From where I was on adding some 2D shadows with a pixel brush and added in some layer adjustments and layer filters to the image to finish it off.

Anyway, I hope you like the image and I hope you all have a great day.

Before & After:

764370003_AffinityPhotoDocument.thumb.jpg.48734adad9292aebdd181f89e12bea56.jpg

Close up!!:

Artboard4.png.762ed08f2f983dd59dc9f9fb811ab80f.png

Artboard5.png.6f8dbb928e9e2d40463973dd9a4a3e62.png

Artboard6.png.7d9131ac3e0dd1c74813329109c2eaf7.png

What do you think? and I hope you are all doing amazing!!!!

c14a84770b0aac1bd123b13fbd7e3f16.png            Andrew Salfinger
Made by Campfire - Graphic Designer 

W: www.madebycampfire.com
E: hello@madebycampfire.com
T: https://twitter.com/madebycampfire