You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't print

Asael

You don't have to even get to the actual printing point to see the issue.

If you try File, Print, Properties, and change any of the properties (like media type), and click OK, and they click on Properties again, the changes you made did not stick -- as if you never made them, works fine on other printers.

Searching the Forum, I can see that the same (or similar?) problem has been reported on the Canon ipf series printers, going back to 2017.

I am having the same problem with a Canon iPF750. Plus there is another problem. I select media A1, visit the properties, go back and the media is changed to custom, but the media size is preserved. But what I have to say is, that changes in properties work. But the changes will be reset, when re-visiting the properties.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

No, my problem is as I said, that "I can't print"  :) (not just the settings...)

When try to print I get:

An error occurred while printing.

The print job was canceled from the Print Manager

@Joachim_L do you actually manage to print?

13 hours ago, Asael said:

@Joachim_L do you actually manage to print?

Yes, no problem except for the one I told. Are the printer drivers up-to-date? If they are, uploading the file here that is causing the problem would be helpful. If it is confident data, ask a moderator for a private upload link.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

No document prints...

Yes, the next step is complete uninstall and reinstall of the printer package, but I have a deadline next month and since the printer is working fine for all except Affinity products, this will have to wait till after the deadline.

4 minutes ago, Asael said:

the printer is working fine for all except Affinity products

In that case, export to PDF and then print from your PDF viewer. This is always a useful workflow anyway, since the PDF document will be laid out exactly as it will print (assuming you have scaling set to 100% and the page size matches the paper size) and you will therefore be able to avoid wasting precious paper and ink/toner on test prints.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem as Asael and Joachim.. no matter how I try I get the 

"An error occurred while printing.

The print job was canceled from the Print Manager"

I am running windows 10 and no printing problems with same file in Photoshop and Capture One using Canon ipf 6300 with most current drivers

I have also tried exporting to PDF printing  with the same results!

the same file prints from bothe Photoshop and Capture One

a

To_Print.pdf

7 minutes ago, JerryYachats said:

I have also tried exporting to PDF printing  with the same results!

If by ‘PDF printing’ you mean you’re outputting to a PDF printer driver, that is not the same as creating a PDF file via the export function in one of the Affinity apps. Please try simply exporting to PDF: if that is successful, you should be able to print the resultant PDF file from any PDF viewer.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I tried your suggestion and it worked EXACTLY as you suggested.

Thanks so much for the prompt and correct reply.

My questions remain to some extent  however. Is this just a work around? Does it fully take inot account the soft proofing and changes to therein that I have made?

Is Affinity pursuing the direct printing from the soft proofing on the Windows platform?

I  am loving all the many features of Affinity photo and so glad to have left the Adobe platform

Thanks again

Jerry  

1 hour ago, JerryYachats said:

Does it fully take inot account the soft proofing and changes to therein that I have made?

With Soft Proofing you specify your ICC profile and then adjust your image so it looks good, and will look good when printed. You then disable or delete the Soft Proof adjustment, and Print.

You would do the same (disable or delete the Soft Proof adjustment) before exporting. The PDF will use the adjusted image, and herefore should print fine.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 7 months later...

Printer: Canon Pro-1000  XPS printer driver

My printing problem with Affinity Photo is that it will not print the whole image I see on screen.  When I try to print a 19X13 image on a SuperB/A3 size I get an 8.5X11 chunk of the image placed left centre on the media.

I have two networked printers, the Canon and a Samsung black and white laser.  The Samsung is set as the system default printer at 8.5X11.  Print dialogue settings are correct as far as I can tell: when I open the print dialogue the printer is shown as the Samsung.  I then reset it to the Canon printer.  And I get the "misprint".  If I try again, the print dialogue box, on opening, shows the printer as the Samsung.

To oversimplify, it seems as if Affinity photo wants to fall back on the Samsung printer settings, can't/won't access the Canon printer's settings.

23 minutes ago, TheGoldenEagle said:

Printer: Canon Pro-1000  XPS printer driver

My printing problem with Affinity Photo is that it will not print the whole image I see on screen.  When I try to print a 19X13 image on a SuperB/A3 size I get an 8.5X11 chunk of the image placed left centre on the media.

I have two networked printers, the Canon and a Samsung black and white laser.  The Samsung is set as the system default printer at 8.5X11.  Print dialogue settings are correct as far as I can tell: when I open the print dialogue the printer is shown as the Samsung.  I then reset it to the Canon printer.  And I get the "misprint".  If I try again, the print dialogue box, on opening, shows the printer as the Samsung.

To oversimplify, it seems as if Affinity photo wants to fall back on the Samsung printer settings, can't/won't access the Canon printer's settings.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

I think you'll need to show us (at a minimum) the Affinity Photo Print dialog showing the Layout tab, and the printer Properties (from the top part of the Print dialog).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 4 months later...

My problem is similar to those here. Canon printer and windows 10 system fully up to date.

I set printer to use 5" x 7" photo paper (automatically sets cassette 1, photo paper tray) but clicking ok to go back to the AP print dialog settings revert to cassette 2 (plain paper tray) and A4. I can't get the settings to stick so can't print to photo paper at all. 

No problems with printing in any other program so definitely an Affinity Photo issue.

I don't think I had this problem before but then I can't say for definite that I have printed to photo paper since getting AF.

How do we report issues to Affinity/Serif?