You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Difficult to select paths in Outline view mode

I would like to point attention to an issue that is apparent when working in Outline view mode. In this mode, selecting paths with the node tool can be frustrating. Often times you click atop of a curve and the curve is not selected. You have to click nearby or farther away from the curve in order to be able to select it at some point. It's a frustrating hit or miss with no predictability. Changing the view mode away from Outline view mode restores the normal and logic behaviour where you select the curve by simply clicking directly over it (assuming you have set a useful stroke width and color to identify the curve in the viewport).

Ralf Maeder

Of course. Find attached a JPG screen copy (in normal View mode in order to show the red rectangle around the area in question) and the Affinity Designer document.

I converted the letter Z from the font "Parchment" into curves and devided it.
As an example of the issue, I drew a (red) rectangle around an area where the path is not selectable with the Node tool. 

Please change to Outline view mode and try to select the path by clicking on it inside the rectangle.

Ralf Maeder

Affinity node tool.jpg

Outline view mode Node tool.afdesign