You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer goes haywire with Wacom tablet

When using my drawing tablet (wacom bamboo fun) in affinity designer to draw freehand curves, the program bugs and creates hundreds of additional lines spontaneously. This problem began today, but is exclusive to Affinity Designer (inkscape, blender, and other tools work fine), and is the same when trying my spare pen. I've attached an image of an attempted horizontal line with the pencil tool to demonstrate the issue. This unfortunately renders the program unusable for my purposes.

before today the tablet worked well within the artboard, but was mysteriously unable to interact with the interface to select tools.

Has anybody experienced a similar issue, and is there a solution? I'm hesitant to replace the hardware when it still works with all the other software I own, as I'm not sure this would resolve the issue.

AD bug.png

• Staff

Not something I can reproduce using a Wacom Intuos in Designer 1.8.4 on Windows 10. Can you check to see if you have Windows Ink enabled within the Wacom Tablet Properties, if so try turning off and testing.

You can also try the  steps in the following FAQ to see if it resolves the issue for you, some Wacom requires it, some don't.

Can you confirm the exact workflow (every step) you take for this to occur? This may help in trying to reproduce the issue.