You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm new to Infinity although I used to use Serif Page Plus from the very first version years ago.

Great to find a suite of one-time purchase design and editing programs - I've bought all three - that I can use on my new MacBook Pro.

Although searching through Help and the forum, I am having trouble finding out how to SAVE a Batch Process set of instructions. Do I really have to set it up from scratch each time I want to run it?

Also I can't seem to reduce the size of a mix of landscape and portrait photos without one dimension being squashed - I do have the A for Aspect ticked and have tried putting the same number in each of the W and H windows. I have also tried W/2 and H/2 as suggested in the boxes which didn't work for me and also 50%.

Please can you tell me what I'm missing or doing wrong?

A75I5479.jpg

A75I5486.jpg

Edited by Spike Photography

Sounds like you need to have a look at the Macro option in A.F. Macro's can be recorded and saved. Once a macro has been saved it can be selected in a New Batch Job.

To show the available macro's (by installation) or made by you, you have to enable the Libary panel (Menu, View, Studio, Library) and you might as well enable the Macro panel at the same time (Menu, View, Studio, Macro).

Thanks Aad, I had the Macro open to do a few things like auto contrast and unsharp mask - not sure why these aren't available by default though.

I may have solved what I've done wrong in that I used Document>Resize Document to convert the 72dpi to 300dpi and it has applied a conversion to do a resize 3648W x 5742H @ 300dpi.

Having used Lightroom since Version 1 in preference to my old way of batch processing in Photoshop, I miss the option to resize by the Longer Edge i.e. if you wanted a 12 inch x 8 inch photo @ 300dpi it was easy in LR to select 12 > inches and 300dpi in the processing export dialog.

Affinity_Photo_screenshot_resize.png

Edited by Spike Photography
Add a screenshot

11 hours ago, Spike Photography said:

I have also tried W/2 and H/2 as suggested in the boxes which didn't work for me and also 50%.

W/2 and H/2 will not work but w/2 and h/2 will work (i.e. use lowercase letters)

50% or any other percentage values will not work

11 hours ago, Spike Photography said:

I am having trouble finding out how to SAVE a Batch Process set of instructions. Do I really have to set it up from scratch each time I want to run it?

Yes, there is (currently) no way to save the settings for a batch process

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

7 hours ago, carl123 said:

W/2 and H/2 will not work but w/2 and h/2 will work (i.e. use lowercase letters)

Bug?