You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wish list for affinity publisher

Could you ad a function to affinity publisher so that it works for making e-books that you sell on for example Kindle and other platforms as well of course

For example so you could export the file into EPUB or word

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

48 minutes ago, DeBorahBeatty said:

My Page Plus does not work with Windows 10

Your version would have to be pretty old not to work with Windows 10!

Compatibility of Serif products with Windows versions

If you’re having problems running PP on your system, please post to the Legacy Product Forum at https://community.serif.com/forum

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Can someone do it for me?! Maybe such a thing already exists?

My eyesight is not so good, and I'm struggling to see all the details on the website.  

I would simply love a template for a trade paperback size book that  is set up so that I can simply drag and drop the chapters I have written in Apple Pages into the template and have it ready to be printed as hardcopy once proofread. 

Is this asking too much of all the clever people writing software in this day an age of technological wizardry?

Thank you.

Hi! I'm new to Affinity Publisher and would like to second this feature request. I know it has been requested often already, so here's just my personal reason why I would find this feature really useful. Right now, I'm using Publisher for book covers only. I export the main matter of books from a German software called Papyrus Autor, and Publisher can load the PDFs but cannot produce epubs, so I'd have to split up my workflow for using Publisher for both. Splitting up the sources is not something I want to do, though, I've typeset with LaTeX and as an Ebook separately before and that turned out to be very bad for later corrections and new editions.

If Publisher had docx import and epub export, I could use it to create the main matter of my books from one source.

As was just pointed out, this has come up numerous times in the past, so hijacking this largely unrelated thread to once more beg for Page Plus import support is inappropriate.

That said, Serif had at first indicated that a Page Plus importer would *NEVER* happen, then later softened that to say that *IF* it was going to happen, it would not happen until Publisher was fairly close to offering the feature set that Page Plus had, so that the import could work effectively.  From what should be obvious to those who have been around forum for a while, we are still far from having reached that point.

On 8/12/2020 at 10:50 AM, ERa said:

If Publisher had docx import and epub export, I could use it to create the main matter of my books from one source.

Hi ERa, and welcome to the forums. So far we are already half way there, as Publisher does have .docx import, although it is not quite obvious how to do it. It does not open .docx as a document, but you can import them via File->Place into a Publisher document

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...