You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Locate in Document using Resouce Manager Issue

If you have a Publisher document containing Linked images/graphics and for whatever reason the images/graphics have been moved or their containing folder renamed, selecting a Missing image/graphic in the Resource Manager list and then clicking Locate in Document results in the first item in the Resource Manager list now becoming the Missing image/graphic selection, rather than the item originally selected making it very easy to inadvertently Replace the wrong graphic. This only happens when the currently viewed page in the Publisher document is not the Locate in Document page.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

1.)  I don't experience the issue of Not Locating, regardless which page is displayed. Instead APub auto-jumps to display the related page to me.
2.)  But I do experience the issue that always the first entry gets auto-selected, e.g. if the manger opens, or if no resource is selected on page.
3.)  Additionally it seems to be impossible to select a resource on page to get it selected in the Manager when the resource is used more than once. Then the manager instead either jumps back to the first entry or closes the correctly highlighted folder and prevents this way to show the related list entry.

[ Issues 2.) + 3.) were reported + logged already for previous app versions, with some other UI glitches.  afb-3802afb-3803afb-3873  ]

@Hangman, just in case you don't know yet: there is a helpful feature of getting updated ALL resources of a certain folder. Unfortunately you can't access it from the Resource Manager but need to press "Yes" instead in the dialog window when/before opening the document:

627633460_updatemissingresourcesFolder.jpg.0fe6834547edc981c7266e67e98f39f4.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

39 minutes ago, thomaso said:

1.)  I don't experience the issue of Not Locating, regardless which page is displayed. Instead APub auto-jumps to display the related page to me.
2.)  But I do experience the issue that always the first entry gets auto-selected, e.g. if the manger opens, or if no resource is selected on page.
3.)  Additionally it seems to be impossible to select a resource on page to get it selected in the Manager when the resource is used more than once. Then the manager instead either jumps back to the first entry or closes the correctly highlighted folder and prevents this way to show the related list entry.

1) It is Locating, as in jumping to the relevant page and selecting the relevant graphic, so this is not an issue (apologies if I didn't make that part clear in my original post).

2) This is definitely an issue and certainly not expected behaviour but good to know it has already been reported as an issue/bug.

3) I'm not experiencing this issue however hard I try, maybe I'm missing something here?

Re clicking Yes to update all files automatically, Walt pointed this out it a different post, personally I think this should also be an option in the Resourse Manager as well.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse