You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher stuck on "Loading 1 document"

Hi,

I have been working on a document for a week and now it doesn't open.

Affinity Publisher says: "Loading 1 document..."

I take regular snapshots of my files, so I can go back through all my 'previous versions' of saves. I know I was able to open these previously and now I am not able to. I have to go back 2 days to be able to open the file (with 2 days of missing work).

Perhaps this is an image I placed in the document 2 days ago and now it can't open the reference?

The file does not open off server, from local hard drive, or from any other machines.

I am using the latest version of Affinity Publisher 1.8.4.693, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 2004.

Please help!

Thanks, I have uploaded to your dropbox.

After playing around with it, I am now able to 'place' the publisher file into a new blank publisher file and export to PDF - 1 page at a time.

I can then open the individual PDF pages and copy the text over to the last publisher file that opened.

Hi, just checking in to see if there has been any update on this?

The problem hasn't reoccurred since. One idea, is that it is related to content I had copy and pasted in from another PDF including text and images. I noticed previously, that when I tried to delete the pages with this content on (no longer needed), Publisher would crash. When I recreated the document, I only pasted in unformatted text and placed images into frame individually.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I can't remember, but most likely Adobe Reader DC (latest version at the time), but there is a chance I copied it from the reader built into Chrome browser.

This is the PDF I copied from: https://www.surreyheath.gov.uk/sites/default/files/documents/residents/planning/planning-policy/RDG/Reg13RDGFinalSPDReportweb.pdf

I copy the content in to allow me to respond to each section and then delete the original content ...I won't do that again.