You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Double Exposure Effect in Affinity Photo With Single Image

IMHO, the music is so distracting and complicates understanding your direction, I just ended the tutorial, sorry if this sound rude,

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

1 hour ago, Cecil said:

I just ended the tutorial

I generally try to avoid tutorial videos with intrusive background music, but I found this one quite easy to follow with the sound muted.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

I generally try to avoid tutorial videos with intrusive background music, but I found this one quite easy to follow with the sound muted.

I guess it’s just my way of showing disapproval of background music.  I hope they get the hint that many object to background music.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

On 8/8/2020 at 12:38 PM, Cecil said:

I guess it’s just my way of showing disapproval of background music.  I hope they get the hint that many object to background music.

The background music here itself is actually just fine and quite tasteful.

The only issue is the mix between the background and the voice.

The background music is louder than it should be, and it ends up feeling like it isn't background music.

A little background music is far less distracting than a poorly recorded dialog only track....and that is far more common on youtube.  (I'm a professional recording engineer)

8 minutes ago, 78deluxe said:

The background music is louder than it should be, and it ends up feeling like it isn't background music.

That’s a common problem with so-called “background” music: it doesn’t always stay in the background! However tasteful the background music may be in this particular case, it isn’t “just fine” if it’s too loud.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 hours ago, 78deluxe said:

little background music is far less distracting than a poorly recorded dialog only track

Agree 100% with this statement...doesn’t mean that background music is necessary when dialog and presentation is good.  Many Affinity tutorials favored by many have zero background music.  I can only imagine the disruption in classrooms when teachers decide their students require background music. 

Cecil