You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello everyone;

Please forgive me if this has been already discussed; I didn't found any information in the forums. I'm currently getting used to AD in order to slowly make it my default vector design app. There are of course some features I need that are not implemented yet, but also there's a couple of things I've not figured how to perform and don't know if it possible at this point. This is one:

I've noticed that there's a clipping tool in AD, so I can select an object, click on the tool, and then adjust its borders to the desired size. However, this tool always acts as a rectangle. ¿Is there any functionality similar to the 'make clipping mask' in the other-software-I-don't-want-to-mention? Let's say, to make a circular cut, or whatever path you can imagine.

Many thanks. And congratulations for your work!

Val

• Staff

Hello Valentín Benavente,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The tool you're referring to is the Crop Tool and it serves a different purpose. Although it may look like you're performing a clipping operation, it is in fact a non-destructive crop, meaning you can recover the "cropped" parts of the image later if needed.

To clip an object, draw a closed path with the Pen Tool (or use one of the shape tools), then simple drag whatever object you want to be clipped over the closed path/shape you have just created in the Layers panel.