You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to open two images at once

I would like to open two images at once so that I can use the healing brush to copy an area from one image to another with iPad affinity 

I can’t work out how to do this 

In photoshop I would open two images

make a background layer 

Use the healing brush to paint in from one image to the other 

use the erase tool to tidy up 

flatten image to merge the two layers 

I’m basically manually focus stacking 

is it possible to do this using affinity iPad ?

I can’t figure out the first stage though, having two images open at once 

In the desktop version you can go to "Windows" - "Float All". But I'm afraid I don't know if it's the same on iPad.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

24 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

In the desktop version you can go to "Windows" - "Float All". But I'm afraid I don't know if it's the same on iPad.

1 minute ago, MEB said:

Hi LCPete,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
You can't open two images simultaneously on the iPad but you can place two images into an existing document as layers.

Thanks Paul and MEB at least I know I wasn’t missing anything and affinity on iPad will still be perfect for the majority of what I do 

the recent update has also solved the problem that I was sometimes getting with raw conversion of exposure of the opened raw file was incorrect