You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.8.4.693 HDR merge & Stack crashes continuously when NVIDIA renderer switched ON

Soo.. after today the Win10 Update (Vers. 2004) rolled in on my PC, and the "Update" also installed a Gforce-Driver witch was nerarly 1 Year old (432.00) i tryed to install the newest Gforce-SD-Driver (451.77) and run Affinity Photo again with Renderer Set to the 1070Ti... -> Crashed immediately at the first try to stack some Tiffs.. Exactly as it does bevor the Windowsupdate..

So 2004 brings no improvements on this Problem...

But funny is that i installed again the the Driver 442.92 SD witch was working fine the last Days ago.. and Affinity crashed also..:(

Going Back one more Driverversion.. 442.19 SD and no Probem so far (just stacked and aligned 146 Tiffs (16 bit 30Mpix))...

This all seems a little strange to me..

Yes it is a little strange because I switched back to the latest driver and then stopped the CrashPadHandler.exe process using the Task Manager and can get the HDR process to work most of the time and even have the immediate crash when opening 3 x ARW files at the same time only crash when clicking Develop on the last image.

Also with the CrashPadHandler.exe process stopped, I create a HDR image and tone map it then when I try to export as a TIF the application crashes immediately. But it may also be because there were only 2 images input to the HDR.

Now the status bar will show opening the actual number 3 documents rather than 1 document when opening multiple images.

image.png.5ca4e6d80165af966a7cc113434aa294.png

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

• 4 weeks later...

This topic is covered in a couple of other threads and the apparently the 442.74 442.92 driver is stable. I reverted to the 442.92 and it seems OK as HDR merge works also.

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020