You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exported SVG does not render on web

When I exporta a file as SVG, when i try lo shot it in my web page, it does not show. To render it, I need to open the exported SVG in InkSacpe and export it from there. When i do this step, the SVG shows perfectly in my webPage

Can you provide more information? Does the console display any error messages? Which browser are you using to test this? Is there a public page we can see to analyse the contents? What are your export settings, can you provide a screen shot of that window?

The console does not show any kind of message. I am using Firefox developer edition, but also tried on Edge. I do not have any public page, as it is still in development.

The export options are the default ones, and have tried with all of them. When I export as png it works perfectly.

image.png.9c784709be561eba728efacf8014839e.png

I have also attached a file exported with Inkscape and  another exported with Affinity Designer.

InkScape.svg Affinity.svg

Opened the Affinity.svg directly in Chrome, Firefox and Edge without any problem. I even wrote some HTML and opened this without a problem.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

I have tried as some of you said in a blank html, and it works. I was expecting Affinity file to have the dimensions of the canvas when I exported (45x45), as InkScape does. Also, i was trying to render the svg in a 2 small place so i was just seeing the background. Thanks for all the help :)

Exporting to SVG from AD results in this

<svg width="100%" height="100%" viewBox="0 0 34 34"
<svg width="34" height="34" viewBox="0 0 34 34"

Using "34" instead of "100%" would result - using the img-tag - in the correct size on screen. I am not into this matter, so what is the correct way? Percentage or viewbox-size in px for width and height?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed