You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

BUG REPORT - What happens when I Expand the Stroke. Everything I tried doesn't work on this particular font and rasterizing is not an option for me due to professional publishing needs. The only workaround for me on this one was taking it into another software to make the paths. I wish there was a fix for this in Affinity. This issue really needs to be fixed or at least some way to have a viable workaround. Font is Krupper 

Additionally, I first noticed the font was breaking from Publisher when exporting to PDF. So I tried to convert to curves in Desginer which causes the font to break. Running MacOS 10.15.5 & Affinity 1.8.4

Steps to repeat this:

• Download Krupper Font
  • Add Stroke set to 3.5
  • Convert to Curves
  • Expand Stroke

New Document file attached as well as a photo.

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 4.19.02 PM.jpg

Memorabilia.afdesign

Edited by dhyatt52
  • Windows 11
  • Hardware Acceleration: On
  • MSI GF75 Thin 10UEK-048 Gaming Laptop - 17.3" 144 Hz IPS - Intel Core i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB GDDR6 - 64 GB 3200Mhz DDR4 Memory - 512 GB NVMe SSD + 2 TB WD Blue SSD
  • Dual Display: XPPen Artist 22E Pro 21.5 inch 1080p

David Hyatt
ATSOTC Magazine Editor

On 8/6/2020 at 6:34 AM, MEB said:

Hi dhyatt52,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
We are already aware of the expand stroke issues with text. I've added you sample file/font to our report to be tested against new builds/fixes. Thanks for your support/report.

I think this could be tied to a graphics card issue. Both my Macbook Pro and My Microsoft Surface Pro both have the problem. I tested it also on my Windows Server that has 2 Nvidia GTX video cards running which performed almost perfectly with a few minor corner issues. Server test screen attached.

server.jpg

Edited by dhyatt52
  • Windows 11
  • Hardware Acceleration: On
  • MSI GF75 Thin 10UEK-048 Gaming Laptop - 17.3" 144 Hz IPS - Intel Core i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB GDDR6 - 64 GB 3200Mhz DDR4 Memory - 512 GB NVMe SSD + 2 TB WD Blue SSD
  • Dual Display: XPPen Artist 22E Pro 21.5 inch 1080p

David Hyatt
ATSOTC Magazine Editor

• Staff

Hi dhyatt52,
This issue is not related with the graphic card. Those errors are coming from the expand (and boolean) operations themselves and vary depending on the object scale/position/transforms. In the screenshot below i have expanded the same text object twice and moved the bottom instance a little before expanding the text. As you can see the result differs between them (I've marked a few in red). The text in your last screenshot is also using regular caps (not small caps as the examples in the first screenshot) which also leads to different results. As said above the dev team is aware of those issues already.

position_differences.png

• 2 years later...