You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to set Adjustments Levels in Master A to make it work for other sites.

How do I have the Publisher put Master A Adjustments Levels on the page and have the Adjustments settings affect all other pages in the document with Master A.
Now in 1.8.4 Levels it only works within Master A, but not on other objects in pages with Master A set.
I mean, I have a scanned book of 400 pages to make.
You need to darken and sharpen all scanned pages a bit. It would be enough just in Master A to set the Levels to darkening and all pages could darken, but at this point it does not work and I would have to insert Adjustments Levels on each page of these 400 pages.

You can put an Adjustment layer on a master (but probably Master B, not A), and you can apply Master B to all the pages. Then go to one of the pages, right-click on the Master B layer, choose Edit Linked, then in the menu click Layer > Arrange > Move to Front, then click Finish. The adjustment will then be on top of all the other layers on all the pages.

You will need to put the adjustment layer in a group, if I remember correctly, in order for it to be effective. (I think that's the workaround. There may be another; I don't remember for sure).

And as you noted it will affect everything on all the pages you apply the master to, which is not ideal. And the same adjustment would have to work for all the images, which seems unlikely. Perhaps, on the Master page, you could have a Picture Frame, with an adjustment layer applied to it? Then you can have individual adjustments if you need to, but with a "master" adjustment that you can retain if it works.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

22 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

You can put an Adjustment layer on a master (but probably Master B, not A), and you can apply Master B to all the pages. Then go to one of the pages, right-click on the Master B layer, choose Edit Linked, then in the menu click Layer > Arrange > Move to Front, then click Finish. The adjustment will then be on top of all the other layers on all the pages.

You will need to put the adjustment layer in a group, if I remember correctly, in order for it to be effective. (I think that's the workaround. There may be another; I don't remember for sure).

And as you noted it will affect everything on all the pages you apply the master to, which is not ideal. And the same adjustment would have to work for all the images, which seems unlikely. Perhaps, on the Master page, you could have a Picture Frame, with an adjustment layer applied to it? Then you can have individual adjustments if you need to, but with a "master" adjustment that you can retain if it works.

Thank you for your help.
Indeed, you just need to group the match layer to make it work for all other pages, but you don't have to do Master B, you can put it all in Master A, just a match layer in the group of course (yes, only one item in the group).

4 minutes ago, GRAFKOM said:

but you don't have to do Master B,

Using a separate Master gives you more flexibility in which pages the adjustment applies to, but if you don't need that flexibility then using Master A will work.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1