You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AF on Mojave - 1.8.4 breaks the entire osx interface

miru

After updating to 1.8.4, I cannot work with any RAW file. After a while of use, the fonts are completely gone from the system and artifacts appear. Is it possible to download an earlier version somehow? I am using Mojave 10.14.6 on a 13in macbook pro 2015.

Zrzut ekranu 2020-08-5 o 21.25.25 kopia.jpg

Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce this issue using the exact same Macbook Pro , Mojave 10.14.6 and Affinity Photo 1.8.4. I tried to rebuilt your workflow, but artifacts issue does not appear.

Could you share your workflow step by step?

FWIW, I'd also be curious (on the suspected behalf of someone troubleshooting this) whether those shadow-elements (for example. the sliders on the right incorrectly appearing inside the Layers panel) are functional or simply visual artifacts. It would mean different kinds of errors behind the scenes if those things that are in the wrong place are functional or not.

Separately, if you purchased from the Affinity Store, you should be able to download older versions directly (link culled from other support posts: https://store.serif.com/en-us/update/macos/photo/1/). If you're using the Mac App Store version, you're stuck.

https://bmb.photos | Focus: The unexpected, the abstract, the extreme on screen, paper, & other physical outputTools: macOS (Primary: Ventura, MBP2018), Canon (Primary: 5D3), iPhone (Primary: 14PM), Nikon Film Scanners, Epson Printers

14 hours ago, miru said:

I am using Mojave 10.14.6

I had a few issues after 1.8.4 including the curser always defaulting to the move tool when using any of the tools which was affecting all three updated apps - which I'm guessing now was actually defaulting to the the standard Mac arrow curser --- try rebooting your Mac it worked for me 

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

It's hard for me to repeat this case because it happens quite randomly. Sometimes after one hour of editing photos, sometimes 15 minutes after saving the file. The controls are just graphical affects, they don't work. I bought the program through the website, so I will come back to the previous version with which nothing like this happened. I have recorded a video from the screen but after the problem occurs.

Edited by miru
en version

• Staff

Hi miru,
Have you reverted back to the previous v1.8.3 version already? If you haven't, next time this happens, take note of the time, run the Console app, it should list all messages for your device/mac, look for/scroll to the corresponding timestamp and check if there is any warning or error messages for Affinity Photo there (you can enter Affinity Photo is the search filed to output results just for Affinity). If so click on them/select them and take a screenshot of the warnings/errors messages you have there (make sure the Info button is enabled in the main toolbar). Thanks.