You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Opening large .TIF file - help required

Hello,

I am trying to open a large .TIF file (1.52gb) using Affinity Photo.  The image is an orthomosaic created using Pix4D software.  After thinking about it for approx 30 seconds I get a pop-up saying that Affinity Photo does "the file type is not supported".

Why is this and can you please suggest a way of opening this .TIF file.

Many thanks

I have a massive tiff file, 88797 x 22958px 2.25GB that Affinity couldn't handle. No error message just a crash.

Best I could do was open it with Irfanview, took about 30s and save it as a 100% jpeg. Irfanview has a maximum dimension of 65500px so I saved it at 60000. Not ideal but at least I could see it in Photo. Good luck

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

• 1 month later...

Hi MEB,

I have "The file type is not supported." message when opening a 2GB tif file and failed to open. A photo is scanned at 16bit color uncompressed 16456 x 21764 using VueScan 9 x64 (9.7.33) 2400dpi. Scanner is Epson GT-X970. Irfan viewer can open the image.

Same photo is able to open with 1200dpi scan. will you fix this?

• 2 years later...