You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo 1.8.4 crashes when attempting to print

DevAd

@DevAd

Thanks for providing your crash report. I have split the post as the OP was on Publisher Windows and you are on Photo Mac.

Are you able to upload the file for me as I have been unable to reproduce this on Photo 1.8.4 on Mac Catalina 10.15.5. Can you also let me know what printer you are using please?

Hi, just found out and since today every time I want to print something in Designer or Photo, the program quits. I have updated Designer this week, have not updated Photo yet, but both do the same. Strange as until today all was ok. I use a macbook pro with the latest updates. 

Edited by Frank_NL

Thanks for the extra info DevAd.

I'm still unable to reproduce this so can you upload the file you were using when it crashed and generated the above crash log please? I can provide you with a link to our dropbox if you don't want to upload it publicly.

Can you also tell what printer you are using too in case it is printer specific?

Thanks

I add 2 Crash logs for Designer and Photo.

Both Apps are from the App Store

Same problem on Affinity Publisher but this version is not from app Store.

I add a video where i open a empty Document and go to print dialog...

Sorry, both apps are in German :)

I Hope you can fix this bug.

Affinity Photo_2020-08-06-211831_Gerhards-MacBook-Pro-2.crash Affinity Designer_2020-08-06-211826_Gerhards-MacBook-Pro-2.crash

Ok i found the Problem!

I buy a new printer for photos, and now the Print Dialog is correct!

Printer before: Canon MX450 series

Printer now: Canon TS5000 Series

With Mac os Mojave there where never a problem!

So if someone other has this problem maybe the Printer Software is the problem :)

Thanks for the info. I wasn't able to find a Canon MX450 but it appears that the MX455 is not supported by Catalina and was supported by Mojave. That is why there wasn't any issues on your previous macOS.

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mx_series/mx455.html?type=drivers&language=&os=macos 10.15 (catalina)