You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artboard shift

rkrd

I’m having an annoying issue, I need the artboards to be the same size and position as the bounding box of the (vectorized) paragraph. To do that I use the selection mode of the artboard tool. But the artboard I get is the right size, but is shifted by the overshoot of the type. So the overshoots are cut off and I have to reposition the paragraph. A friend with the mac version reports the same behavior. Any way to remedy this?

To illustrate the issue, this is what I get (note the bottom overshoots of e and o and the space above the ascender of k):51CB024E-634C-427D-96C2-DDD5840D8F1F.thumb.png.836cfdc7f311264ab4c515e95a402590.png

This is what I need:

7E6A5DA3-0851-4D3C-BFB7-1D3116BE1CA2.thumb.png.2e147741c560327e5f5fb18a1486f21e.png

Happens when you completely resize the Artboard as a Canvas-type Resizing, as well. Might not be the same as overshooting Fonts, but had all Constraints correctly on one Template for an iPhone and transferred successfully to another (different phone size and tablet). After Exporting an image, tested doing a resizing of the Artboard itself, and it shifted some icons, some even removed outside of what I think was previous area. Being the icons were inside the template, shouldn’t have shifted. Fixed everything by reworking in the end, and most likely doing something in error myself but perhaps related.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi rkrd,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've been able to reproduce it and I believe its due to the artboards needing to start on a pixel boundary. 

The objects you're creating your artboards from aren't pixel aligned, so when the artboard is created, it is trying to align it the best it can whilst maintaining the pixel boundary. If you go into your snap settings and enable 'Force Pixel Alignment' and 'Move by Whole Pixels' it will force any newly created object to be placed on pixel boundaries so you won't get the slight offset. 

For existing objects you will need to ensure you go into the Transform Studio and ensure your X and Y positions are whole numbers and not a decimal. I've tried it on the attached document and manually rounding those X/Y values up allows the artboard to be created without a problem.