You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello!

I've installed the updates (1.8.4) to all 3 Affinity programmes today, and it's been a bit like the world imploded with stuff going wierd, but my question right now may not be related (I don't know!)...

I had to re-import my downloaded brushes for Designer after the update because they had disappeared. I now notice though, that when I work on my document in Publisher and flip to designer persona on studio link, my imported brushes aren't there? (They're vector brushes). Is this because I'm accessing designer through studio link, have I missed something or is it a blip? 

I'm on Windows 10 if that helps!

I hope someone can help! :)

6 minutes ago, ArryC said:

I had to re-import my downloaded brushes for Designer after the update because they had disappeared. I now notice though, that when I work on my document in Publisher and flip to designer persona on studio link, my imported brushes aren't there? (They're vector brushes). Is this because I'm accessing designer through studio link, have I missed something or is it a blip? 

When you use Publisher's Designer Persona, you are not accessing or using the Designer app. Publisher contains all the code for the features and functionality found in its three Personas, but the Designer and Photo Personas are only enabled if the corresponding app is present and licensed on the computer. Your brushes need to be imported into Publisher so that they can be used in Publisher's Designer Persona. Hopefully, the apps will become able to share a pool of brushes and other resources in the future.

9 hours ago, ArryC said:

I had to re-import my downloaded brushes for Designer after the update because they had disappeared.

As anon2 mentioned, the applications do not share resources, e.g Brushes, Assets, etc. It's been requested, but there are apparently some system sandboxing functions that make it difficult for applications purchased from the Mac App Store (and possibly the Microsoft Store) that have made it difficult to implement.

I'm curious about your brushes disappearing from Designer, though. As far as I know that shouldn't happen, so it sounds like a bug if you used the normal install process.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, ArryC said:

I re-imported my brushes to designer, so I'm not sure what happened there!

Do you also run the Beta versions of the applications? That's another situation where there's no sharing of data. If those were brushes that you had only installed in Designer Beta, the would not be available in the retail version until you installed them there, too.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1