You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Installing Problem insufficient Memory

After a new system setup, with deinstallation of the former version 1.8.3 I was downloading now vers 1.8.4. While running now the installation .exe the process stops saying "error during setup" (german english translation) and returning the reason not enough memory on disc. I´am trying to install Affininty on 😧 disc with 1 TB free disc space ?!? Can someone help on this please ?

Are you sure that the drive you are trying to install the app on has 1 TB of free space on it? Typically a number that large would be its total capacity, not the amount of free (unused) space on it.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 1 month later...

Alex,

Did you find the response helpful?  Or is there still an issue?

I ask because I have been through all that and the program will still not open!  I have 1.5TB FREE space!

On early attempts, I was given no option which drive to open the program on, but now I do get that option. But am still stuck.

Annoyingly, I was successfully using an earlier version, but it would not update.  Now I have unintalled the earlier version, as recommended and am now left with nothing.

Setup.log SetupUI.log

Edited by WilliamD
added files

1 hour ago, WilliamD said:

Alex,

Did you find the response helpful?  Or is there still an issue?

I ask because I have been through all that and the program will still not open!  I have 1.5TB FREE space!

On early attempts, I was given no option which drive to open the program on, but now I do get that option. But am still stuck.

Annoyingly, I was successfully using an earlier version, but it would not update.  Now I have unintalled the earlier version, as recommended and am now left with nothing.

Setup.log 195 B · 0 downloads SetupUI.log 4.72 kB · 0 downloads

That SetupUI.log file has something I consider strange.

Near the beginning of the file I see:

Install path not found, using default: C:\Program Files\Affinity\Publisher

Then later I see:

Checking install path D:\Program Files\Affinity\Publisher is empty... 
	Directory doesn't exist
Creating InstallOperation
	Path: D:\Program Files\Affinity\Publisher
	WantShortcut: True
Requesting operation: SetupUI.InstallOperation
Starting elevated process: C:\Users\dou19\AppData\Local\Temp\AffinitySetup\b6301a73-f12d-11ea-9a83-40b03431cd54\SetupUI.exe /x=737 /y=365 /Operation=Install /InstallPath="D:\Program Files\Affinity\Publisher" 

So, it starts out suggesting it will install on :, then shows it is installing on D.

Then later there's:

+Creating InstallOperation
+	Path: D:\Program Files\Affinity\Publisher
+	WantShortcut: True

Followed still later by:

+Install path not found, using default: C:\Program Files\Affinity\Publisher

And finally by:

+Error: There is not enough space on the disk.
+MsiOperation result: 112

At that point, I'm confused, and I can't tell if it's trying to install on C or D. However, the meaning of MSI error 112 is:

Setup is unable to decompress and copy all of the program files needed to proceed with the installation.” This issue above occurs when you do not have enough disk space available in the temporary files folder.

So it seems like the disk with your Temp directory may be full.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

33 minutes ago, WilliamD said:

The reason the log shows first C then later D drive is probably because the set up process opens with the option to save to C, (no space) but I need it to be in D (1.5TB of Free space) so I change it.

Thanks for the added info.

I think you will either need to delete more files from C, or (my choice) redirect TEMP to D. If you're not familiar with how to do that, here are a couple of articles with directions:

https://www.howtogeek.com/285710/how-to-move-windows-temporary-folders-to-another-drive/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/change-location-of-temp-files-folder-to-another/19f13330-dde1-404c-aa27-a76c0b450818?auth=1

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

You're welcome, William. I hope it works.

Note that where Windows decides to unpack the installation files is something that is (I think) determined by Windows, and that seems to be where you're stuck right now. Once you get past that you should be able to install the program where you want it.

Ideally, of course, you'd free up more space on your C drive, or (even better) get a bigger one :)

-- Walt
PC: