You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The cursor disappears on the panel in 1.8.4

13 minutes ago, Devil_Inside said:

4. Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S

I use Alt+E for exporting, quicker and not fearing to break my fingers while executing the default shortcut. Plus no disappearing cursor. WinWin I would call this. ;)

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

On 8/5/2020 at 1:42 PM, Mark Ingram said:

I needed to press Ctrl+Alt then release, then press Ctrl+Alt again, and that fixed it.

I can confirm that this workaround (i.e. 'pressing Ctrl+Alt' ... twice) works for me. 

It resets the missing mouse cursor back to normal (i.e. visible again) and is much more convenient than having to exit and restart the application.

My setup:  Affinity Photo 1.8.4 on Windows 7 64-Bit.

New development today. In developers persona the cursor stopped showing and I could not even cancel or exit. The Alt+Ctrl keys were of no help. On trying to exit or close the programme I got a message that pic is being processed,  cancel the process first to exit. I had to go to task manager and exit the software.

While Clicking Alt+Ctrl keys did help in getting cursor display back in photo persona, it was no help in Developer persona.

• Staff

If Ctrl+Alt doesn't get you out of the issue, can you try remapping the shortcut buttons or not using the shortcut until we can fix this?

I appreciate the shortcut might be in muscle memory but if you remap the keys to a diffrent combination this is surely the best workaround until a fix is available. 

I have windows 10 on PC and after working for a while the cursor will disappear on all menu's and only appear on document area.  When moving over menu you can see it should be there as some things highlight but never sure where it actually is.  I'll have to take more notice when it happens but it did just happen now after exporting a photo. I have to close the program and restart and it is back again.  

1 hour ago, Aileen Russell said:

I have windows 10 on PC and after working for a while the cursor will disappear on all menu's and only appear on document area.  When moving over menu you can see it should be there as some things highlight but never sure where it actually is.  I'll have to take more notice when it happens but it did just happen now after exporting a photo. I have to close the program and restart and it is back again.  

Hi @Aileen Russell, as I mentioned in the post above yours, we have a fix for this now, available in a beta build, that we hope to roll out soon.

On 8/9/2020 at 10:48 PM, Leo Leong said:

ctrl+alt+shift+s > call out export window > then cancel

The steps above works for me.

Another update:

Hold down ctrl + shift + alt, and move the mouse cursor back n forth between document and tool area, works everytime.

• 4 months later...

Hi!

Something it's simmilar here on Windows. The pointer disappears from the export panel (not always). It's also visible anywhere else, it simply looks like the cursour is displayed UNDERNEATH the dialog. Closing and reopening the export solves the problem 100% times. BUT: The pointer also disappears in the Designer when I'm changing the Vector brush or Pencil size using [CTRL]+[ALT]+Mouse drag. And it never comes back, until I restart the application. I'm not using any tablet. As I mentioned I am on Windows, Affinity 1.8.5.703.