You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My Affinity publisher 1.8.4.693 (x64) have no Chinese fonts and I failed to install Designer. Please help me. Thank you.

Dear Ladies or Gentlemen

I encountered two problems, while I updated my Affinity publisher 1.8.4.693 (x64) and designer 1.8.4.693 (x64) yesterday.
1. After updating Affinity publisher, but there are no Chinese fonts. 
2. I cannot update the Affinity design, and the installation process can not go on for more than 5 hours without any progress. My keyboard and mouse can not move and have no response, I twice install it without success. So I rebooted my computer.
My operating system is Windows 7 64 bit Traditional  Chinese.
Please refer to the attached photos.
I need your help to solve these problems. Thank you very much.

chinese fonts.jpg

Designer.jpg

• Staff

Hi angelweishan,

The Chinese fonts in Publisher shouldn't have disappeared but they should now should up with the correct regional names, so may be in a different place on the Font menu.

As for the designer update, that's very odd.  Can you reboot the PC and once rebooted run the setup as Administrator, by right clicking on the download and selecting Run As Admin.  If the install still fails, reboot the PC and check this location:

%TEMP%\AffinitySetup\

To get to that location, call up the Run Box by holding down the Windows key and tapping the letter R.  Then copy and paste the above path into the box and click Okay.  This should open a folder which may contain a few folders.  If you can find the latest one, open it, you should see two log files in here.  Can you attach them both here and i'll help further :) 

Hi

Thank for your kind help.

A1: I installed Affinity Publisher to another PC and grab a picture as Chinese with  fonts.jpg
Please refer to the attached file: Chinese with  fonts.jpg, which has Traditional Chinese font.

A2: Please refer to the attached file: SetupUI.log.rar and use Winrar to decompress it. However, there is one fold is as large as 482 MB so that I can't send it to you. Please refer to the attached file AffinitySetup.jpg. 

A3: I use another PC and use Affinity Publisher, which have Chinese fonts, create a new file, font.Affinity Publisher
Kind Regards,

Thank you very much.

Have a great night.

AffinitySetup.jpg

Chinese with  fonts.jpg

SetupUI.log.rar fonts.afpub