You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 4/29/2019 at 4:46 PM, jmwellborn said:

Pity I don't have a "way with art and design!"    You are the creative one.  I just mumble.    Although Shakespeare I and II at the university donkey's years ago did help.   Your little creatures are so original.   I like Uprootius Sprout very much too.   But somehow parsnips didn't quite lend themselves to limericks this past weekend.  

Great artists need a great script writer, as the two can pull the image of the page and screen, giving it a voice. As I've said in another post in the forum,  My Strawberry Monkey would sound great narrated by Lee Evans.

So, if you can find a voice that gives the third dimension to a character, then it truly comes alive.

Pictures, words and sounds: the holy trinity of animation and cartoons. (Yes, I do know about silent cartoons).

Keep on mumbling.

peter

As for parsnips...challenge accepted.

There once was a tray of parsnips

That Baldrick had whipped, from his nibs

It was a bit mean

As his diet was lean

That Blackadder gave him, two fat lips.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

On 10/16/2019 at 2:56 PM, eejits said:

Alreet folks!! How is ye?!? 
Please welcome the latest eejit to be found and included in the gallery - eejitus posterius-perchus an eejit that keeps an eye on others from a lofty height!

hope you like this one,

George

262231F7-7324-4793-92BD-C83A19D5BE82.jpeg

...such tall tales he has to tell!

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

On 7/27/2020 at 2:30 PM, eejits said:

...and here's another one! (two in one afternoon - I am too generous! 😂 )

Meet eejitus jokesium hoaxium - another critter that likes to play tricks and scams on others. This time unsuspecting Nessir hunters and tourists!

ig_nessiehoax.jpg

That'll teach 'im, to order a face mask from Wish.com

On 12/10/2020 at 4:48 PM, peter said:

That'll teach 'im, to order a face mask from Wish.com

Alright, Peter, you asked for it.   I hope @eejits won't mind.

You're sure that our Nessie is there,
If only you'd locate her lair.
So you come here to pokesium
      by boat and on shore,
But it's Jokesium Hoaxium
     who's fooled you once more!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Oh hello guys and gals! Missed you!

Thanks Guys for the comments, continued support and the questionable rhymes (in fact - they’re a lot better than what I can do!) 😂😂😂

I haven’t mentioned it here but this year I entered ‘eejits’ into the Brand Licensing Europe contest - LicenseThis! a contest for unsigned brands to get into the licensing biz! I am delighted to say that I won the Character & Animation category!! This will hopefully open a lot of doors for eejits next year. 2021 will be awesome whatever happens. Can’t wait to see what happens.

Cheers guys,

George

brandlicensing.jpg

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

@eejits  Well done!!   What wonderful news for you and your wee critters!   2021 should be a banner year for you all!!🥂

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.

14 minutes ago, eejits said:

I haven’t mentioned it here but this year I entered ‘eejits’ into the Brand Licensing Europe contest - LicenseThis! a contest for unsigned brands to get into the licensing biz! I am delighted to say that I won the Character & Animation category!!

Congratulations, George!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thank you. I’m hoping it’s going to be a FANTASTIC year for eejits!

George

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

On 12/19/2020 at 7:26 PM, eejits said:

Oh hello guys and gals! Missed you!

Thanks Guys for the comments, continued support and the questionable rhymes (in fact - they’re a lot better than what I can do!) 😂😂😂

I haven’t mentioned it here but this year I entered ‘eejits’ into the Brand Licensing Europe contest - LicenseThis! a contest for unsigned brands to get into the licensing biz! I am delighted to say that I won the Character & Animation category!! This will hopefully open a lot of doors for eejits next year. 2021 will be awesome whatever happens. Can’t wait to see what happens.

Cheers guys,

George

You've earned it lad! All those years of toil need to be blossoming, in 2021. 

Well done from me.

Ahem! (clears throat), that calls for a silly rhyme...

On 12/19/2020 at 7:26 PM, eejits said:

brandlicensing.jpg

There once was a guy called George

Who bagged himself a licensing award

"We did it!" It screamed

Some critter in green

And screamed itself silly and hoarse

(...scaring the poor wild haggises, from their deep winter slumber.)

And I hope that some of your magic rubs off: so I can win a ChipShop Award in 96 days or so.

Thanks for the compliment on the silly poems.

Haha thanks Peter and for the rhyme too. That’s stellar work that!

Looking forward to seeing where all this takes me and my eejits! Woohooo! Can’t wait  

George

On 12/17/2017 at 4:50 PM, eejits said:

i thought it about I created a new eejit, so here's something Christmas-sy?!? Say hello to the newest member of the eejits family: eejitus bah-humbugium A not-so-sweet creature with a disdain for anything festive......

eejit_humbug.jpg

Looking back, I remembered this delightful pre-Covid fellow, and thought he rather represents the world-view these days.  So with more apologies to @eejits, here is his ditty.  (Maybe)

Well, that was that.  Harrumpf -- it's done,
They sang their songs.  They had their fun.
The feast has gone, the pud' - oh drat!
Enough I say, they're getting fat.
"Merry..." they cry.  I want my jugium.
You want me to smile?  Bah Humbugium!

4 hours ago, jmwellborn said:

Looking back, I remembered this delightful pre-Covid fellow, and thought he rather represents the world-view these days.  So with more apologies to @eejits, here is his ditty.  (Maybe)

Well, that was that.  Harrumpf -- it's done,
They sang their songs.  They had their fun.
The feast has gone, the pud' - oh drat!
Enough I say, they're getting fat.
"Merry..." they cry.  I want my jugium.
You want me to smile?  Bah Humbugium!

Great work George!

Jennifer, you've started a whole new idea for Eejit themed Christmas cards, so here's my tuppence/2 cents worth...

(This terrible rhyme below was being sung(?) on that wee sweetie's doorstep, through muffled face-masked, choir singers. Might explain why he's not a happy chappy.)

Oh, Christmas tree

Oh, Christmas tree

It's Bah Humbug

From him to me

Oh misery guts

Oh misery guts

That smile you'd crack

Is as hard as nuts

You've had enough

Of Christmas cheer

Face masks slipping

And another new tier.

Oh, Christmas tree

Oh, Christmas tree

Why do you bring him

Such misery?

It's not as if

He had to clean

That carpet crawling

With needles green

Oh Affinity 

Oh Affinity

Without Eejits

Where would we be?

(If you're gonna throw tomatoes at me, please use fresh...not tinned ones!)

@peter  as my long-ago journalism teacher would have said “splendid, simply splendid.”   If you will pardon me being horridly picky, the trick is to count the syllables of each line to see that they match those of the next.   Or that two lines match the total syllables from the one (or two) prior to them.  These lines would perfect the meter of your entire work:

“Is ... hard as nuts” (leave out first “as” because it is one too many syllables)

“Another ... tier” (leave out “and” and “new” - same reason - that stanza is then composed of four lines producing two eight-syllable groups) i.e.

“You’ve had enough of Christmas cheer
          Face masks slipping another tier”
          (count the syllables)

The stanza beginning with “it is not as if” employs 8 syllables in the first two lines, and 9 in the third and fourth.  If you use poetic license and remove “With” from the last line and say “That carpet crawling needles green” you will not only restore your 8 syllables but get right up there with Shelley and Keats!

The last stanza has 9 syllables in the first two lines combined, and only 8 in the next two.  They flow together nicely even so.

No fresh tomatoes around here.  With a little sprucing up (no needles please) you will surely become the official poet for the Eejits Christmas Card Collection — premiere launch some time in 2021!!

P.S.  I really like your poem! 

2 hours ago, jmwellborn said:

@peter  as my long-ago journalism teacher would have said “splendid, simply splendid.”   If you will pardon me being horridly picky, the trick is to count the syllables of each line to see that they match those of the next.   Or that two lines match the total syllables from the one (or two) prior to them.  These lines would perfect the meter of your entire work:

“Is ... hard as nuts” (leave out first “as” because it is one too many syllables)

“Another ... tier” (leave out “and” and “new” - same reason - that stanza is then composed of four lines producing two eight-syllable groups) i.e.

(count the syllables)

The stanza beginning with “it is not as if” employs 8 syllables in the first two lines, and 9 in the third and fourth.  If you use poetic license and remove “With” from the last line and say “That carpet crawling needles green” you will not only restore your 8 syllables but get right up there with Shelley and Keats!

The last stanza has 9 syllables in the first two lines combined, and only 8 in the next two.  They flow together nicely even so.

No fresh tomatoes around here.  With a little sprucing up (no needles please) you will surely become the official poet for the Eejits Christmas Card Collection — premiere launch some time in 2021!!

Jennifer (or should that be Ed?) for that. The pickier the better, I won't improve otherwise.

Glad my late night, rough draft of a poem was good enough to awaken the ghosts-of-journalists passed. Every good writer needs a better editor...you're hired! Who wants to read Christmas card ditties in January? I did this in about 30 minutes, as it was getting late. I understand  what you said about the whole syllable and rhythm trick to produce the correct stanza (I hated poetry at school, it just wasn't my thing, comedy was!). 

The inclusion of the word 'new', although one syllable too many was shoved in to demonstrate the frustration of having to put up with three changes of tier in as many days...grammar vs feeling vs flow.

This is what I call the Armstrong Syndrome, (that's Neil: not some liar called Lance) where the exclusion of one extra word can change the whole line and possibly context. Always a bane!

Up there with Shelly and Keats...wow, thank you for that.

I did throw in a Peter Gabriel/Genesis reference with his Carpet Crawlers single. Showing my fondness for throwing in the odd paper trail.

Thumbs up for that pun about the spruce and needless.

Let's see how George enjoys this.

Thanks for the feedback and tutoring.

I love them all!

I absolutely understand the meter and syllables stuff of poems. It’s what I struggled with when creating the new eejits book. It’s full o’ creatures and rambunctious rhymes. Obviously there are some better than others but it was a lot of fun working them out and trying to get the meter right. It’s bloody tricky.

Thank you guys for your continued inventiveness and creativity. Your inspiring me to get my finger outta my ass and get more eejit Greetin’ Cards done. I only have two in my shop.....

George

@eejits  I am so glad you have finished your first book.  I have ordered four copies, plus your Bahootchie game and look forward to giving them as special presents.  With a few months to go, I hope you will consider a boxed set (4 or 6) of assorted Christmas cards.  In the USA they ought to be sold at Barnes and Noble!   For a handsome sum.

19 hours ago, eejits said:

I love them all!

I absolutely understand the meter and syllables stuff of poems. It’s what I struggled with when creating the new eejits book. It’s full o’ creatures and rambunctious rhymes. Obviously there are some better than others but it was a lot of fun working them out and trying to get the meter right. It’s bloody tricky.

Thank you guys for your continued inventiveness and creativity. Your inspiring me to get my finger outta my ass and get more eejit Greetin’ Cards done. I only have two in my shop.....

George

Is this creative enough for you?

little chap.jpg

On 12/28/2020 at 2:04 PM, jmwellborn said:

(count the syllables)

Just for you, the newly edited version.

Oh, Christmas tree

Oh, Christmas tree

It's Bah Humbug

From him to me

Oh misery guts

Oh misery guts

That smile you'd crack

Is hard as nuts

You've had enough

Of Christmas cheer

Face masks slipping

Another tier.

Oh, Christmas tree

Oh, Christmas tree

Why do you bring him

Such misery?

It's not as if

He had to clean

That carpet crawling

With needles green

Oh Affinity 

Oh Affinity

Without Eejits

Where would we be?

On 12/28/2020 at 2:04 PM, jmwellborn said:

@peter You've almost got it🧐

9 minutes ago, peter said:

The poem, mask or virus..?

The poem, obviously! (Or rather, the scansion.)

Try

Why do you bring him

and

Oh Affinity 

Oh Affinity

I’m not quite sure what to do with “That carpet crawling” (five syllables instead of four, at least for me). Perhaps Jennifer will come up with a solution — and no, I don’t mean a carpet-cleaning solution!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Alfred, I do believe you've cracked it. Good work Sir.

I had to look up that word...Although I'm sure Jennifer doesn't want to go shopping for a wet & dry carpet cleaner! It's not her fault.
It's Georges's!

Scansion
NOUN
  1. the action of scanning a line of verse to determine its rhythm.
    "the verse defies easy scansion"
    • the rhythm of a line of verse.
      "triple scansion"

@Alfred and @peter  well here, we are almost done.  Alfred has the right solutions for those two stanzas.  As for the still-unresolved conundrum, try this:

It’s not as if
He had to clean
That carpet crawling
Needles green

Poetic licence permits omitting unnecessary words 😏.  And we are all wildly successful poets, right?   The easiest thing with this particular rendition is to hum the original melody.  Those 8-syllable stanzas stick out like a sore thumb.  (submitted by a sore head?  Moi.). Happy New Year, both of you!🙂

On 12/29/2020 at 3:45 PM, jmwellborn said:

@eejits  I am so glad you have finished your first book.  I have ordered four copies, plus your Bahootchie game and look forward to giving them as special presents.  With a few months to go, I hope you will consider a boxed set (4 or 6) of assorted Christmas cards.  In the USA they ought to be sold at Barnes and Noble!   For a handsome sum.

Thank you so much my dear. They’re now winging their way from Scotland to you in the USA. Hopefully they get there soon and safely. I agree. It would be a dream (one that I am chasing) to get eejits into large stores like that. I’m looking at the success of the Trolls franchise and wanting to emulate that (like many people are, I suppose).

thanks again

George