You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi @eejits.  Couldn't resist this little chap.

A Spoonfoolium’s Lament

Don’t they know that I hate beets?

Still red’s no worse than browning meats.

I much prefer stirring sweets

Spoonfooliums love making treats!

Sitting in a pot while it heats,

Or whupping kiddies with repeats

Breaks my heart.  I’m not “a spoon”

I’m here to help, not spurned so soon.

Then hooked again by my feets (*)

Left to ponder “Burns or Keats?”:57_cry:

(*) with apologies to  the Cambridge Dictionary 

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

On 8/24/2019 at 6:00 PM, jmwellborn said:

Hi @eejits.  Couldn't resist this little chap.

A Spoonfoolium’s Lament

Don’t they know that I hate beets?

Still red’s no worse than browning meats.

I much prefer stirring sweets

Spoonfooliums love making treats!

Sitting in a pot while it heats,

Or whupping kiddies with repeats

Breaks my heart.  I’m not “a spoon”

I’m here to help, not spurned so soon.

Then hooked again by my feets (*)

Left to ponder “Burns or Keats?”:57_cry:

(*) with apologies to  the Cambridge Dictionary 

Heehee heeheee! This is brilliant. Spoonfooliums do love making treats!

I’ll need you to look over the kids book I’m writing (again and again and again and again, one day I’ll get there I promised). 

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

22 hours ago, eejits said:

I’ll need you to look over the kids book I’m writing (again and again and again and again, one day I’ll get there I promised). 

George

Hi.  Don’t know if you are serious, but it would be an honor.  I am so glad you are writing a children’s book!!!   Your little eejits are truly inspired and the stuff of childrens’ imaginations.  There is so much awful message-drivel written these days to wrench childrens’ minds from “once upon a time” to “inclusive” “PC” and “issues.”   We need many more eejits and Winnie THER Poohs.

Thank you for not minding my doggerels!

Jennifer

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.

I wouldn't mind (one day) having someone look over my words. As some people here know, I have been trying to write a kids book for many, many, many years (seriously it has been ages). I started off with a whole world of creatures and an overly complex story with too many characters that I didn't know how to finish (I'm not a writer!) . Now I only have three main characters (2 good friends and 1 baddie type) and more simple story but I'm still wondering about the ending and getting it under 500 words for the young 'uns. That'll come once I finish the first draft and then edit.

Honestly, it has been a load of fun and writing it has put a big ol' smile on my face. It's like the feeling I got when I first started putting eejits up on the web. It's great. Of course, I'll have to get myself a copy o' Publisher to lay out this whole thing!

So maybe once I have grandkids I'll have a book for them to read!! ;):D;)

George

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:54 PM, jmwellborn said:

Hi.  Don’t know if you are serious, but it would be an honor.  I am so glad you are writing a children’s book!!!   Your little eejits are truly inspired and the stuff of childrens’ imaginations.  There is so much awful message-drivel written these days to wrench childrens’ minds from “once upon a time” to “inclusive” “PC” and “issues.”   We need many more eejits and Winnie THER Poohs.

Thank you for not minding my doggerels!

Jennifer

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

@eejits  Bet your children could help you with the ending.  Or some children in your local elementary school.  As long as it is a happy one, and the baddie gets his come-uppance, or transforms into a decent chap, you can’t go wrong.  The illustrations will sell the book!!  

@jmwellborn Unfortunately, my children are too old. My boy is nearly 19, my daughter is 15. Although I have read it out to them both, my daughter (obviously due to her being younger) reacted to it well. I think.....!

Thanks for your confidence in me! One day I'll get it cracked!

George

2 hours ago, eejits said:

@jmwellborn Unfortunately, my children are too old. My boy is nearly 19, my daughter is 15. Although I have read it out to them both, my daughter (obviously due to her being younger) reacted to it well. I think.....!

Thanks for your confidence in me! One day I'll get it cracked!

George

Right.  19 and 15 are temporarily out of the "once upon a time" category -- although they'll get back to it when a bit older!   How about borrowing an art class of local elementary school children (aged 8-10 or so) and read it to them but also give them free rein to suggest another ending?  You wouldn't have to use it, but I'll bet they would have some fun thoughts!  No matter what, the hard part is sitting down to the writing.  All those wonderful ideas bouncing around in one's head, but "the leaves need sweeping up," or "better tidy my desk," or "just going to finish this book first," or "got another eejits idea!" inevitably get in the way.   Called Writer's Block, but actually Writer's Procrastination.   I have been suffering from the same thing recently, so I have been writing moronic ditties for some of your previous little eejits, instead of getting to work on my Airedale Terrier story.  :60_sweat:     Anyway, I predict that your book is going to be as delightful as are your little creatures.  They are so full of life, and all have such a charmingly unhurtful aura!  Even the grumpy ones like bah humbugium!

Jennifer

I am following this discourse between you two and  would like to add my support for this venture.  The book would most definitely be a success I'm sure!   The eejits characters alone would be worth the price, and a story to go along with them would be the icing on the cake.   Just know that I admire you two more than you know....

13 minutes ago, thisldo said:

I am following this discourse between you two and  would like to add my support for this venture.  The book would most definitely be a success I'm sure!   The eejits characters alone would be worth the price, and a story to go along with them would be the icing on the cake.   Just know that I admire you two more than you know....

That is so kind. George is the genius with the incredibly inventive mind.  I can't draw a straight line with a ruler and would give my right arm (left-handed) to be able to draw what I see in my head!  On the other hand (left hand), I am told that I learned to talk at 9 months, and -- obviously -- have never stopped!   H'm'm'm'm.  

Thanks both!!

Comments like these spur me on to finish this. At least, get the first draft outta the way. Then it’s onto the fun stuff o’ polishing and editing. Once I get one book, who knows where it’ll end up. But I’m getting ahead o’ myself. Onwards to the writing.....

Thanks guys, you’re the best. :23_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

George

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning folkies!

A new eejit is here just for you (just you!) Meet eejitus sunflooweris - a creature who is friends with nature and all creatures great and small. Like a ray o’ sunshine :D However, wrong him or it’s friends and you’ll see it’s not-so-sunny side!!

George

P.S. Forgive the selfless self promotion, but I would LOVE to have you visit the eejits Patreon page. I upload loads o’ exclusive sketches and posts. Plus there are some FANTASTIC rewards posted out to members each and every month. Gee it a look over at www.patreon.com/eejits

F9EC5C1A-7EF1-4DD6-B05F-19AB33B7D785.jpeg

6 hours ago, Oval said:

… which is very rare today. Thanks. Beautiful light sprinkling of freckles! :27_sunglasses:

Thank you too Oval! Appreciate you popping in to comment!

4 minutes ago, TarliArt said:

I really love these Eegits!  I bet they are fun to do!

Thank you TarliArt for the comment. Yes, they are great fun to create. So many creatures to create, so little time!!

George

• 1 month later...

Alreet folks!! How is ye?!? 
Please welcome the latest eejit to be found and included in the gallery - eejitus posterius-perchus an eejit that keeps an eye on others from a lofty height!

hope you like this one,

George

262231F7-7324-4793-92BD-C83A19D5BE82.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bluebug said:

I love these characters. You are aware that only the homepage of your site works, right? Clicking on any links to pages on the site results in a 404 error....

Cheers! Yeah, unfortunately the site has been compromised so I have to scrap it and start a new one. When I say 'start' I mean I'll get to it one day..... I'm focussing on updating my social media feeds (mainly Instagram and Twitter - @eejits on both) and my Patreon (where I add exclusive sketches, colouring-in pages and mail out Prints & Stickers to backers).

18 minutes ago, z3z said:

I've just stumbled across this thread and immediately had to buy your colouring book as a birthday pressie for my little nephew. I love what you're doing here, keep it up!

Cheers from a fellow Scot :D

Awww. Thank you! That’s so, so kind. I do hope your nephew loves the book! Thanks for taking a look at my wee creatures and for being awesome!!

George

• 4 months later...

Woohoo! How are ye?!?

Hope you're happy and care free on this Friday like the partying eejit here. Lives for the moment and "screw tomorrow" until the tomorrow becomes the Hangover.

(But please do remember you young people that are old enough - drink responsibly!)

George

ig_madfriday.jpg

• 4 months later...

Jeepers, it has been a long, long, while since I've popped on here to share some eejits with you guys. Everything you see here is now exclusively done on Affinity Designer on the iPad. Its  blast to work on (there are some niggles but nothing major) and it's great to be able to work from anywhere and get outta the office every once in a while!

On another note (and as discussed above), in my attempt to fix the http://www.eejits-online.co.uk website, I completely knackered it. So there's nothing there at the moment. Most of my stuff is now posted on Instagram and Patreon (which is crammed full o' exclusive content and I would love for you guys to check oot).

Anyhoo, enough rambling. Here is the eejitus definitelynotmrtickle-ium  - a creature that loves to trick and scam others (and is particularly fond o' giving the odd wedgie!)

ig_arms.jpg

...and here's another one! (two in one afternoon - I am too generous! 😂 )

Meet eejitus jokesium hoaxium - another critter that likes to play tricks and scams on others. This time unsuspecting Nessir hunters and tourists!

ig_nessiehoax.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 4/26/2019 at 3:43 PM, eejits said:

Hello peeps! Seems like I keep forgetting this place and sharing the latest eejits with ya!

Here are a few more! Enjoy.....

First up is eejitus uprootius sprout - a creature who unwittingly unearthed itself to find out what was going on in the Wee Glen but thinks it really shouldn't have bothered!

A774C97F-D0B8-4EB3-A825-CFE6E6EC5492.jpeg

I hate getting outta bed early too!

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

On 1/24/2019 at 12:51 PM, eejits said:

Hey o!!!

Hows ye all doing?!? Good I hope! Here’s a new wee eejit for your viewing pleasure! Meet eejitus couldnatakeanothermoothfulium: a greedy wee critter that stuffs himself silly. But never fear, a good burp & a fart later and he’s ready for more! Diners beware!

George

P.S. I have recently launched eejits on Patreon where I am uploading exclusive sketches, art & posts as well as sending out great eejit rewards to supporters. If you like to help my merry band o’ creatures then you’d be more than welcome over on www.patreon.com/eejits Thank you! 

B3BF20F7-6A57-4B59-9B85-80F0700C077D.jpeg

Stag do by night: stagnant by morning.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111