You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP 1.8.4 Apple Photos will Not Save

Cecil

Disappointed, not surprised, cannot Edit In Apple Photo and Save 1.8.4.  Five Stars for longevity award.

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 1.52.55 PM.png

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

Will not saved any of my changes back to Apple Photos.  12 months any counting  to correct this problem.  As Apple iCloud and Photos serve as my DAM, this is a problem.  This was well known before pandemic so Affinity, “WHAT “ is the problem?  What has been done to attempt to fix the problem?

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

• 1 month later...

Just adding that I am also experiencing this very frustrating bug. Happy to share system/software/photo library information with Affinity if they need more data to work on a fix.

I guess it could be relevant that Affinity Photo is not shown in System Preferences | Security & Privacy | Privacy | Photos and there is no obvious way to add it.

The workaround of committing an edit to a photo in Photos first before editing that photo in Affinity Photo works for me (2/2 so far). In both cases I chose Auto Red-Eye as an action that would have minimal or no material effect on the photos.

I assume this has always been the case, but with a photo edited in this way I can successfully do Revert to Original or Undo Edit in Apple Photos to undo the AP edit, but it's a one-way process as undoing either of these actions has no effect on the photo.

I have been editing jpegs only, so far.

macOS 10.15.7

Affinity Photo 1.8.4 (App Store version)

Edited by Vroomfondel
added extra information