You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer crashing on open and save

Designer 1.8.4 crashes when I attempt to save or open a document. It opens the open  or save dialog window but never shows the directory/folder information then it closes the app. I started seeing this issue in 1.8.3.  I am on Windows 10 and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version 1.8.4. Photo and Publisher work fine with respect to open and save. Any suggestions to resolve or wait for the next update?

Thanks.

I followed your instructions and clicked the clear button. I have tried both Open document and Save document again and both still crash the app. I am attaching the crash report file but the last file created for designer is dated 4/13/2020 (date modified). There are 4 other .dmp files but are old versions. I checked the photo and publisher crash reports and photo has no files and publisher has one file that matches the same date as the designer file. 

6c1643f3-10cf-4030-8603-e5c6bf781d6a.dmp

• 2 weeks later...

Designer 1.8.4 crashing on Windows 10. I try open any file, so it crashes...

Even the beta version, the same happens.

2b0c2c99-c992-4182-a830-efdb79fcabd9.dmp

Designer was linked to some intel software. I removed this link and seems everything goes back to normal. Problem solved.

Edited by Elvio Moura