You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD crash with freehand vector brush and tablet

Just tried the vector brush in 1.8.4: as soon as I put down one stroke, the application hangs (not responding). With default brush (simple line), with or without pressure, no matter what setting. It does work with the mouse, but when I use my tablet (Wacom intuos 3), it stops responding. I tried botth with and without Windows Ink (tablet driver settings). The seting for tablets dissappeared from AD it seems, even though I read something about 'Enhanced Wintab' support in the patchnotes?

Windows 10, Intuos 3; Wacom driver 6.3.6w3.

BTW: I have a cintiq27qHD and an intuos 3 at work so also am bound to using that driver version (it is the only one that supports both tablets, the newer ones don't support intuos 3 any more), so please do not ask me to update it.

That does seem to do the trick, thank you. The stroke performance is also much better than in previous versions (apart from the overly aggreesive smoothing and the 'shoe lace' effect), so I can actually draw freehand now :)

Tried the Wacom driver with 'Windows Ink' on and off, both work the same, not sure if it does anything in 1.8.4.