You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector Image Not Lining Up

Hello again 😀

I have a vector image that should line up seamlessly when placed next to itself - I've attached it below for reference. However, even when mathematically the vector is placed next to itself exactly, there is a break line between the two, picture attached. The two images are places in a picture frame together, the first is placed at -178.1mm and the second is placed at 124.9mm, and the images themselves are 303mm, so I'm unsure why I can still see the break line.

image.png.35adfdf05ee299a778ae843cd2b41530.png

I've also got a file with just the images in if you wanted to see for yourself.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Vector 8.png

Break_Line_Example.afpub

9 minutes ago, Ami_M said:

When I change the X position in transform to -178.09 it just changes it automatically to -178.1.

It depends on your preferences for decimal places for units.

Decimal-places.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Apologies, I may be completely missing something here.

I have changed the X position of the image on the left to -178.09mm (and can see this now having changed number of decimal points in Preferences - thank you @Joachim_L).

I am still seeing the border line between the two images. I can see in the transform panel that the right side of the left image is sitting at 124.91mm, and the left side of the right image is sitting at 124.9mm, as shown above by @Palatino - the border can still be seen when both of these values are set at 124.91mm.

There is no border applied to either of the images - I have made the borders for each transparent, set the stroke to none and the stroke width to 0pt, so there definitely is no longer a border on either that could be affecting it.

image.png.3588f42ec3ff65a6686d942a72527bed.png

6 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Ami_M,
Change the document Units temporarily to Pixels, adjust the position and width/height to integer values and it should align properly.

I'm really sorry that I'm not getting this!

I'm actually wondering if there is a discrepancy between my working document and the example file I set up as following all of the instructions has fixed it in my example file, but then copying across the entire thing (via the layers) into my working document (which I have also changed to pixels), the border line appears again.

I've attached a video showing this happening.

Hate to be a pain and 'bump' my own post, but I don't understand why copying the layers from one file to another caused the issue in the video?

If all else fails I will use the sample file to export to PDF when I go to print, but I would love to understand if I have incorrectly set up my original document so I can rectify it in the future.

• Staff

Hi Ami_M,
Sorry the delay getting back to you. As explained the most likely reason for this is an incorrect pixel alignment. From the video i can't see if the images are pixel aligned or not (just the Picture Frame which isn't but shouldn't cause this issue anyway). Any chance you can provide a copy of the final document with just the first three spreads (you can delete all the rest from the copy) so i can check what's going on please? Here's a link to upload the file directly to us. Thanks.