You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 3 months later...

You make me feel guilty now ;) ... Thankfully this has nothing to do with the programmers ... it's a basic feature decision - most likely not taken by the programmers. And it's been on the list for more than 2 years. (Btw: it's not about "Skew" ... Designer can skew. It's about trapezoid and other perspective transformations)

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a huge disappointment that this feature is not available in Designer alone. It seemed like a good thing that Designer and Photo are separate apps but after a few months of trying to use Designer I see both apps needs themselves like air. Should be one app instead. Most users of this will come from Photoshop and it is a difficult change after all

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

A lot of Affinity Designer users are waiting for this feature.

Do you have any ETA for this must have feature?

Thanks

MacBook Pro Retina 15" -  macOS High Sierra  version 10.14.4

Affinity Designer 1.6.1 & 1.71 + Affinity Photo1.6.7 & 1.7.1 + Affinity Publisher 1.71

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Mischugo said:

I'm not sure, but I think Affinity is in a game of deep sleep. At least if you think about the updates ;-)

Have you tried either of the customer betas or the Publisher public beta?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 minutes ago, Mischugo said:

Sorry, I just don't have time for beta versions right now.

You don't have to try the betas, but if you browse a bit in the beta forums you will see that the developers have been very busy adding quite a few new features to the apps, &  that they are asking users willing to try them out to test them thoroughly before releasing them in the upcoming 1.7 retail versions.

You will also see that they have explained that adding these features required major revisions in the code, which is why there have been no recent updates to the retail apps.

In short, there are bunches of new features in the pipeline, but they won't be added until they are thoroughly tested & ready for production use.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Many thanks for the helpful information. I look very rarely here, because I don't use Affinity very often anymore. Especially because so many things didn't really work or were missing. I don't doubt the ability of the team. But, sorry, I'm only interested in the result :-)

Thanks again

Die Now Live Later - KMFDM

As far as I can tell the 1.7 beta improves the existing code and current tool functionality rather than add new features. I’m surprised it’s not been made into the production version by now. I can live with using Inkscape to trace but a perspective tool would be a nice everyday feature to have. I can use Inkscape to do it and import the EPS it until it arrives.

Perspective skew is one of the very basic things I need to do, not only as a raster but as a vector.  As a user said above, without this feature it is hard to ditch Adobe Illustrator. I can do without the other Illustrator features but not this one. Rasterizing and perspective skewing in Photo does work of course but then your artwork looks different once you bring your raster back into Designer and combine with the other pure vector forms.  Or you can to create a super high res raster and that adds significantly to the image size.

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2017 at 4:25 PM, Mischugo said:

The interface is from 1985 (?) Sorry! Not useful for me ;)

YIKES!

More like the 70's, no?? My eyes are bleeding. And it would appear not to have been updated since then either. Doesn't even run on Mojave. Yay… what a great recommendation. :34_rolling_eyes:¬¬

On 5/7/2015 at 3:51 PM, Leigh said:

Here's a direct link to the Vimeo video: https://vimeo.com/110134439

I've watched that video OVER AND OVER now and can't for the life of me figure out how you're getting the UP/DOWN arrow when on the RIGHT edge of the selected object! No matter what I do, all I ever get is a LEFT/RIGHT arrow for SCALING! This is SO frustrating. Fighting to get something so BASIC done! What am I missing??! How do I move (skew) the right edge of a selected object UP AND DOWN??