You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

mouse pointer disappears

I am using build 693 under Win 10 (latest version 2004).

My mouse pointer disappears on a regular basis. On a fresh start everything works normal for the first image. Once the first image is closed the mouse pointer disappears. The screen shot image does not show the pointer in the correct place. In video 1, I almost never see the pointer. The software responds to where the pointer "should" be, but I see nothing, and the screen shot image places it in a completely different location.

Video 2 shows what happens with an open image. What I see is not what is captured on the screen in the video. I see a pointer on the main canvas, on the (empty) menu bar  and when I hover over the AP icon in the upper left corner. Unfortunately that's about it.

Christoph

I can not confirm this, neither the behaviour in video 1 nor the behaviour in video 2.
I also use the same Windows Version than you and i have no Problems.
Is this behavior only with the Affinity Apps or with other Apps too? For me it seems like a Windows Problem.
I had this Behavior a few years ago with win7 but i can´t remember what i have done to fix it.

Maybe this helps you...
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-disappeared-in-windows-10/342eb3df-c60f-44c1-b038-f14bf5c15e19

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

Thank you both.

Uwe, I will check out the link. I wouldn't put it past MS to mess it up, though it would be odd that only one beta application is affected.

Mark, I do not use a pen on this computer, though the screen is a touch screen. The problems occurs frequently, but seemingly randomly. For a while I thought that closing dialog boxes with the mouse would prevent the problem, but ow I am not so sure any longer.

Uwe, Mark,

I followed the recommendations of the link, and they are utterly ineffective. 😞 Function keys (all of them) do nothing, drivers are up to date. Some elaborate wireless keyboard and mouse software (to enhance functionality) didn't do anything beyond what  already had.

It took a few images (to process) until the pointer disappeared again, but disappear it did. It works fine in every other application (including AP 1.8.3.641), but does not work in the beta version (691 and previous one). As far as I can tell, the failure is rather unpredictable. The problem persists with the mouse and the trackpad.

I know, Mark, that's not what you like to hear, but that's where I am right now.

Christoph

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.