You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Not able to add an artboard

I'm not exactly sure how to recreate this issue and it may be an artifact of Affinity crashing while working on this document, but either way I'm not able to create a new artboard in this document that was started without initially adding an artboard via the document creation dialog. When clicking on the artboard tool the tool bar options are greyed out and if I attempt to draw out an artboard I get the following error message: "Artboards cannot be added to a document with multiple pages or master pages." As far as I know pages and or master pages are not capabilities available in Designer. Is there some mix up here with Publisher (which is not installed on my machine)?

As mentioned, I haven't been able to recreate this issue as new documents seem to work as expected whether I create the artboard on document initialization or after.

Attached is the error message, the tool states and the Designer document.

artboard-tools.png

artboard-error.png

no-artboards.afdesign

@travisrogers

Was the file created or edited in Publisher? Publisher supports pages - Designer does not.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

15 minutes ago, Leandro Giorni said:

I'm using Sumatra PDF

But I also opened with Firefox, and Microsoft Edge and it looks the same.

Did you post it that in the right thread? We're not talking about PDF files, but about adding an Artboard to a Designer document.

I think you meant to post in your topic:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1