You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer as a gift

On 6/17/2020 at 11:07 PM, walt.farrell said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Transferring a license to another user is not allowed.

I think your best approach is:

1. Email affinityreturns@serif.com and return your purchase for a refund. Then

2. Email affinity@serif.com and purchase a redemption code that you can give to him. He would then redeem the code, download the program, and install it using his email address.

Hello, I won Affinity Designer in Give away, and got a license code. Could you please guide me how to redeem the code, where to insert it? How to download the app on IPad with the code?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @maitayka. :)

20 minutes ago, maitayka said:

Hello, I won Affinity Designer in Give away, and got a license code. Could you please guide me how to redeem the code, where to insert it? How to download the app on IPad with the code?

Licence codes are needed for apps from Serif’s Affinity Store but you can only download the iPad app from Apple’s App Store, so the giveaway must have been for the desktop version. Although sales via the Affinity Store are covered by a money-back guarantee, I’d be surprised if you could claim a refund for a product you haven’t paid for!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

11 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @maitayka. :)

Licence codes are needed for apps from Serif’s Affinity Store but you can only download the iPad app from Apple’s App Store, so the giveaway must have been for the desktop version. Although sales via the Affinity Store are covered by a money-back guarantee, I’d be surprised if you could claim a refund for a product you haven’t paid for!

Oh I see, but giveaway was for IPad version for sureA28DF2E1-14D9-4C0E-8F4C-A0DA8E35BB3C.thumb.png.a964286dd041963fb7fd3407255b5b00.png

Thank you for the screenshot, Taisia. It wasn’t clear that this prize was from a third party.

I think you need to ask @affinitytutorials for guidance on redeeming the code they sent you.

Alfred spacer.png

17 minutes ago, maitayka said:

Actually there is a way to download app from Apple store by using function redeem code: 

Ah, yes, of course! Thanks for the reminder. :)

Alfred spacer.png