You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello - I went to purchase the Affinity Photo app for Mac. However, I stopped since I am running El Capitan (I am a developer so I needed to beta test the OS).

I noticed there was quite a few people online saying that the Affinity Photo app was not compatible with El Capitan yet.

So, I came here to the forums and I saw the beta and I thought I would download that to see if it worked or not and make sure I had full functionality with El Cap. But, when I run the beta it says I need the full version to run it??

How am I supposed to test this to see if it works so I can purchase it? Please advise.

Thanks!

I understand you can guarantee it. However, I would feel much safer testing it on my own before spending $50 on the software (although it looks well worth it!) But, it would obviously be useless for me if certain parts of it were not fully compatible with El Cap.

Does anyone know when it will be released for El Cap? I am trying to decide between Affinity Photo and Pixelmator and was hoping to make a decision today if possible. 

• Staff

I understand you can guarantee it. However, I would feel much safer testing it on my own before spending $50 on the software (although it looks well worth it!) But, it would obviously be useless for me if certain parts of it were not fully compatible with El Cap.

Does anyone know when it will be released for El Cap? I am trying to decide between Affinity Photo and Pixelmator and was hoping to make a decision today if possible. Th

The next Mac App Store update for both Affinity products will include support for El Capitan. We don't have a date at the moment but it should be very soon. If you do purchase the app today you will be able to download the Customer Beta Build which as stated above will work fine. If you are not happy with the product you would be able to contact Apple for a full refund.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Sounds good! Thanks for the feedback! Quick question - why have the restrictions on the beta? Won’t the beta just expire after the new app is released? It would seem to be good to have the extra feedback on the beta to make for a stronger release.

• Staff

Because we release updates containing new features and fixes to the Beta every couple of weeks we wanted to ensure that only customers are the ones getting the latest features and fixes and not just people that are using the software for free. The Beta Builds only expire after we release a newer Beta build.  Without this restriction  people would be able to use the Beta without actually purchasing the App.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.