You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Incorrect Ordering of Panorama Components on Stitch

So, I have an admittedly challenging panorama I'm trying to stitch. It is from Pike's Peak, CO looking over the valley so the features at a distance can be very similar. On my 9-image stitch, it always puts what should be the left-hand border in the center, and goes from there. I've tried cleaning up the component frames a bit (and exporting to EXR) to enhance the detail but either I haven't done enough cleanup or it's not helping. I currently consider reliably mis-ordering components (even in a challenging composition) a bug.

What I'm looking for (aside from a magic fix ;-)) would be some suggestions on what is actually causing it (in order to avoid it in the future) and if there's a way to force the linear order because I haven't found such (re-arranging frames with drag+render doesn't change the canvas size and thus requires too much fiddling with every component frame).

This specific example photo set is from 2010 and isn't that great so there's no particular damage done here except it's a convenient repro case for the stitch failure.

Files attached (along with screenshots of the stitch attempt -- I haven't bothered saving any broken results yet). Attempted with both 1.8.3 and 1.8.4.184 with no noticeable change in behavior.

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 7.49.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 7.49.41 PM.png

CRW_1400.CRW CRW_1401.CRW CRW_1402.CRW CRW_1403.CRW CRW_1404.CRW CRW_1405.CRW CRW_1406.CRW CRW_1407.CRW CRW_1408.CRW

https://bmb.photos | Focus: The unexpected, the abstract, the extreme on screen, paper, & other physical outputTools: macOS (Primary: Ventura, MBP2018), Canon (Primary: 5D3), iPhone (Primary: 14PM), Nikon Film Scanners, Epson Printers

Hi @Chris B,

Never mind. Looking at the timestamps of the images, it seems I'm erroneously including the scope image in the panorama (thanks for the hint from photoshop -- that might be an awesome feature request for Photo) and that's throwing everything off.

I have some others taken at the same time with the same level of haziness that are stitching properly.

As of now, please close this one as PEBCAK.

Edited by Brad Brighton
Backpedaling about whether this is even an issue :-D

https://bmb.photos | Focus: The unexpected, the abstract, the extreme on screen, paper, & other physical outputTools: macOS (Primary: Ventura, MBP2018), Canon (Primary: 5D3), iPhone (Primary: 14PM), Nikon Film Scanners, Epson Printers