You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't open my .afdesign file

Good evening, I am new and have been using Affinity Designer for a few months. I really like this software! I encountered few problems since the beginning ... except today ...: it is impossible for me to open my recent project! It tells me "this type of file is not supported", I have tried another .afdesign file and all my other projects open except this one (attached).
Is it possible to "repair" my file? If yes, how ? And why did I have this problem?
It will annoy me to lose this project ...

Thank you in advance for your answers.

SP_modifié_new_IC.afdesign

Hello @SPaceBar ! Thank you for the welcoming ! 🙂
I am using version 1.8.3.641 (I think this is the latest) on Windows and I am saving my .afdesign files in a folder on the desktop.

Here is the path to find my file (in case it is useful): This PC > Office > Projets divers > Mes Sideplates> fichier designer

( If the names sound weird, it's because I'm French 😛 )
Thank you for your help and your response ! 🙂 

Hey Charles,

That's a bad habit that I share with you. I would feel bad for saying it but I've just quickly tidied my desktop so can - saving files on your desktop can lead to bad things happening if the partition fills up. :P It would be better to save them on your hard drive and put a shortcut on your desktop to prevent any impending issues.

In better news. I have your file here.......

SP_modifié_new_IC_FIXED.afdesign

Hey SpaceBar,

I don't know how to thank you ... I couldn't believe it ... I saw myself redoing everything for just a small modification. ^^'

Ah yes, I have this bad habit of saving my recent projects to my desktop ... as well as my files --' but it's over ! From your post I sent everything in my docs on my hard drive and put shortcuts on my desktop ( now it's full of shortcuts xD ). 

I guess the way to fix this is very technical ... it would surprise me if this happened to me again, I could fix it myself ^^'

Anyway, thank you very much for taking the time to help me! 🙂