You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush preview option

Hi,

I would like to see an option for the preview in the brush panel to show the brush texture at a decent scale as shown below, rather than show how the brush appears when stroked.

This is because many brushes are designed to be used as stamps rather than dragging them, and it's hard to select this kind of brush from the current panel.

I own Designer, but as a CS6 user, I find this is a barrier to entry regarding Paint.

Thanks,

Epi

Capture.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm with you on that.

As a digital artist, we have some trouble using AP so far. This one feature, similar to a context menu (using the brush tool) showing these icons, is mandatory when it comes to painting.

Painting digitally is good for saving time. Not having a quick way to change brushes is not helping artists to go for AP, I believe.

I wonder if there is a road map somewhere for the next versions of the program. Any idea on that?

4 hours ago, Balt said:

I wonder if there is a road map somewhere for the next versions of the program.

There used to be a roadmap thread for each of Photo and Designer, but Serif opted to remove it as it wasn't working out very well.

Instead, you can watch for the betas, as the features in the beta *usually* make it into the release.

They have dropped a few hints in various other threads around the forum, however, of some of the things they are currently working on.

Whether or not those things make it into the very next release is intentionally vague in most cases.

• 2 weeks later...